Factory Five Racing Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2330 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
664 Posts
Started installing the line lock on my dad’s car.
Dad had cataract surgery on both eyes last week so he’s limited on what he can do and bored. So I worked on the car while he told me stories about the good old days.

I got all the plumbing done last night, next time I go over I’ll wire it up and bleed the brakes.

After that will be a driveshaft loop and we’re ready for the track.

Sorry no pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Light work day today.

Windage Tray & extended rear sump pickup installed.

Rear Sump 8QT oil pan installed

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Family stuff most of the week. This morning cleaned the preservative off the new flywheel & pressed in the locating dowels. Cleaned the preservative off the pressure plate & re-glued a few lose places on the dash where the FFR vinyl delaminated from its backing. Rough cut the trunk carpet. Did the sides years ago but never did the floor. Driving time got in the way.

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,732 Posts
First true drive of the season. So nice.

Got in the car, cranked it over, and it just cranked, wouldn’t fire off. I almost cried! Then I realized I had no power to the Volt and Fuel gauges, so something was up. Turned out that I accidentally disconnected one of the wires from the ignition switch when I was messing around behind the dash. Once reconnected, started better than EFI :). Such a nice drive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a 60 day permit to drive my car from the DMV. I would recommend going sooner than later, who knows if things might shut down again.

·
Charter Member
1,010 Posts
Finally found a mirror I like that will give a good rear view while tracking the car. All of the other mirrors I have mounted to the glass or frame would vibrate even around town so much you couldn't tell the difference between a VW Beetle and semi truck. Wanted something dash mounted and bigger than the standard 4" mirror. Had to fabricate a new stem to work with the rake of the glass.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
FWIW. Was refilling the coolant & thought this might be worthwhile to post. A good swap to eliminate the FFR corrugated upper hose is an F-150 COYOTE upper hose. FORD F150 COYOTE top hose trimmed at the blue tape is an exact fit in the MK-IV.

With the FFR type overflow tank you can splice in the FFR fill port.

Anyone with a COYOTE & an expansion/fill tank like the MOROSO unit or a factory GT tank can eliminate the FFR top hose thingie with the fill section spliced in.

Reactions: Toadster

·
Curious George
472 Posts
FWIW. Was refilling the coolant & thought this might be worthwhile to post. A good swap to eliminate the FFR corrugated upper hose is an F-150 COYOTE upper hose. FORD F150 COYOTE top hose trimmed at the blue tape is an exact fit in the MK-IV.

View attachment 359662

With the FFR type overflow tank you can splice in the FFR fill port.
Anyone with a COYOTE & an expansion/fill tank like the MOROSO unit or a factory GT tank can eliminate the FFR top hose thingie with the fill section spliced in.

that's a great idea! I like the single piece setup and plan on different overflow tank too! Thanks for the idea!!!
plus it uses the Coyote connector too!

looks like it 's ~$57?
Motorcraft KM5306 Hose-Radiator

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
RockAuto $37 for the Motorcraft (FORD) part to $27 for the least expensive 3rd party part. Inbetween those two prices are 3 others like Dayco, Gates, Delco etc

Reactions: Toadster

·
Junior Charter Member
664 Posts
My wife is out of town helping her mom for the weekend So I took the kids to my parents for the afternoon and me and dad finished the linelock install on dad’s car. By the end of bleeding brakes in the heat and humidity Mom had dinner made and we were too sweaty and hot to move 3 cars to get the cobra out for a test drive, and dad is still on recovery for his cataract surgery.

Next weekend I should have photos of Big Smokey burnouts!

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
494 Posts
Did a quick oil change and undercarriage inspection. I love my lift.

·
Junior Charter Member
664 Posts
Got the driveshaft loop installed in my dads cobra.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good job on the loop.
Have you considered taking that cast iron weight off the rear axle?
Ford put it on for noise, vibration and harshness reduction. It serves no purpose on your car.
If you are doubtful and want to try it both ways, it easily removes and can be reinstalled.
Hot rodders call it a dog bone weight, if you want to google.

2301 - 2320 of 2330 Posts