Factory Five Racing Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2301 Posts

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,389 Posts
Hey Eddie, how many miles on your car? I just clicked over 25k this evening.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I changed the oil.

7500 miles since the last change, which was when the engine was built in 2008. Yes, I have never changed the oil. I had to go looking for the drain plug.

that’s also probably why only 3 1/2 quarts came out and 6 1/2 went in.

Aren’t modern engines amazing!

·
Junior Charter Member
337 Posts
Going for a test drive tonight, spent the rainy weekend measuring and adjusting the drive line angles (pinion ended up being 1.5* low. Adjusted the ride height on the front end. Fixed the self canceling signal lights (weren't cancelling), and put the scoop on finally!

·
Registered
136 Posts
What did I do to it today? Rolled it into the driveway, washed it, dried it. Cracked a couple of beers, and said Ooh,Aah.Way too hot in NC right now for a drive.Maybe a drive tomorrow before the expected 90 degree weather!!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Better get the ride in, we are do for about 8 days of crappy weather. Good for working on the car not so good for driving.

Right now I only work on the car in the morning, to hot & muggy by noon.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Just noticed we are running two parallel threads about the same thing. Since this one is grandfathered will move over here with a quick recap.

5th year 12,000 mile cleanup & up grade.

Final mock up of new dash panel with custom gauges, recovered console & transmission cover. Remaining 4 dash switches will go in as its installed in the car. Have to run some sensor leads & it will be good to go. Will stick the snake & Cobra script once its in the car.

Previously had done over the virus lockdown:

Current status of rainy days & virus lock-down project. New NITTO NT01 275 & 315X 17" tires on the car, brake pads changed HAWK HPS

TO DO - fresh oil, oil filter & coolant, new oil pan gasket windage tray, new flywheel, pressure plate, friction disk, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, fresh transmission fluid. Carpet trunk.

DONE - Steering Shaft was the last thing I needed to take out before I start putting it back together. Fresh rear end fluid, new dash panel & covering, new transmission covering, new console covering, plastic toggle switches replaced with metal ones, twin dual range USB ports added to transmission cover, new custom instruments, sensors & sensor wiring.

Some help on this question anyone:

Have new Centerforce Billet Steel flywheel 700215, Centerforce DF148500 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc Set, Tremec Bellhousing TCCM 1899, Ford cable pull throw-out fork XR33-7515-AA.

Looks like an adjustable pivot ball. What is the correct height & how is it measured?

Last old dash panel is gone but have a complete set of working instruments & sensors if anyone is interested.

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks like the perfect place to mock up a new dash. And I'm guessing "a lovely assistant" to prop it up for the photo shoot!! During my build I had a dining room full of body parts, wheels and tires. Used the table to wire the dash. The house smelled like a tire store. I loved it. Other occupants, not so much.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just noticed we are running two parallel threads about the same thing. Since this one is grandfathered will move over here with a quick recap.

5th year 12,000 mile cleanup & up grade.

View attachment 359198

Final mock up of new dash panel with custom gauges, recovered console & transmission cover. Remaining 4 dash switches will go in as its installed in the car. Have to run some sensor leads & it will be good to go. Will stick the snake & Cobra script once its in the car.

Previously had done over the virus lockdown:

View attachment 359199

Current status of rainy days & virus lock-down project. New NITTO NT01 275 & 315X 17" tires on the car, brake pads changed HAWK HPS

TO DO - fresh oil, oil filter & coolant, new oil pan gasket windage tray, new flywheel, pressure plate, friction disk, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, fresh transmission fluid. Carpet trunk.

DONE - Steering Shaft was the last thing I needed to take out before I start putting it back together. Fresh rear end fluid, new dash panel & covering, new transmission covering, new console covering, plastic toggle switches replaced with metal ones, twin dual range USB ports added to transmission cover, new custom instruments, sensors & sensor wiring.

Some help on this question anyone:

Have new Centerforce Billet Steel flywheel 700215, Centerforce DF148500 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc Set, Tremec Bellhousing TCCM 1899, Ford cable pull throw-out fork XR33-7515-AA.

Looks like an adjustable pivot ball. What is the correct height & how is it measured?

Last old dash panel is gone but have a complete set of working instruments & sensors if anyone is interested.

View attachment 359201
I think checking the clutch fork angle coming out of the bell housing will help you get the right height on the pivot bolt. Maybe someone with the same components can comment on what worked for them.
I did not check mine and the fork hit the pressure plate with the clutch applied. I had to put in a longer pivot bolt.
I used the Ford bell housing, so cannot advise on the height of the pivot bolt.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Looks like the perfect place to mock up a new dash. And I'm guessing "a lovely assistant" to prop it up for the photo shoot!! During my build I had a dining room full of body parts, wheels and tires. Used the table to wire the dash. The house smelled like a tire store. I loved it. Other occupants, not so much.
You mean my 21 year old granddaughter who just had a Virtual Graduation from University because of the bullshit lock-down?

Yeah the dining room table is where the interior parts live till I can get them back in. Brought them into the kitchen to find a clear flat surface to take the picture. My wife just loves it when I play cars.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
So far so good, its been on the car for about 4 years. Display can get hard to read at some angles due to the sun. That said it has a power tilt function that helps.

Have toyed with the idea of putting a brow over the top but have never bothered to move on it. Back in the day when I installed it I was more interested in the touch screen CarPlay to change functions than actually looking at it. Not much had the capability back then. On Nav I use the black background white print & arrows in WAZE rather then the actual map.

Use an iPhone to drive the system.

Reactions: Toadster

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Finished wiring the dash & clipping back the RF harness. Will see if I can hook it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looking good, Todd. Holy cow that thing is huge. :) Really interested to see what range you get with it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Looks great! I just bought a Boyds tank off another member this past weekend I need to have those brackets welded on and get it powder coated though. Did Dave Boyd take care of getting it powder coated for you or did you have someone else do it?

Oh, and which sending unit did you go with? I need to order one.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Installed the Boyd tank today! Used 4 bungee cords to suspend it while fitting and drilling... worked great!

Potentially a few inches for drop tank segments... about 1.25” all around
Whoa, great looking piece. Nice install, how much gas does it hold - looks pretty big.

2261 - 2280 of 2301 Posts