Factory Five Racing Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2301 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,239 Posts
This weekend will be starting engine #4.

Tonight is final assembly and prep

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,239 Posts
Started the new motor!!!!!!

Lots of tuning, final assembly, but the new motor lives

·
Registered
42 Posts
Installed 4” convex peep mirrors, both sides.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Scraped all the bugs off the windshield after driving 8 hours from Charlotte to Tn. and back. (Visited my brother who got his first ride in a Cobra and loved it.)

·
1,059 Posts
Installed my new for Christmas steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
29,364 Posts
Got the cold air box for my Webers all locked in a holding fixture for the welder

·
Registered
732 Posts
Picked up wheels today after tires were mounted and balanced. Nitto G2 555s, 245/25/17 fronts and 315/35/17 rears

·
3,582 Posts
Made up a couple clear static cling pieces to protect my body/paint from mild abrasion from the premium top rear gasket. Just couldn’t do it with blue tape.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,254
I tested the headlight switch. Every few years it needs to be pulled out and the contacts need to be cleaned. I don't drive the car very much anymore but before I do, I have to check the switch before I take it out at night.

Back in 2004 the switch that came with the kit was a cheesy switch. Silver plastic knob. I don't recall where I got the switch I used.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,256 (Edited)

It was last Sunday, but "here's what I did to my roadster today."

I DROVE IT THOUGH A RIOT IN DOWNTOWN LONG BEACH

I had no idea there was a "march" in town that day. Unfortunately, the peaceful march turned into a riot on my very block. You may have seen it on TV. As I returned from a "Sunday Drive" I drove right into it, and the fastest route to safety was a few more blocks to the apartment parking garage door. (I was on a 1-way street and there was no way to turn around.) Needless to say, I didn't stop for red lights.

I made into the garage and as the metal gate closed behind me there were people carrying pipes and baseball bats. The other car was in a public garage across the street, and fearing it being damaged I took the risk of running across the street and bringing it into the apartment basement garage. It took some work but I was able to squeeze both cars into our corner single parking spot.

Could be the first Cobra to survive a riot! I'm not making a joke of the situation, I was scared sh_tless!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
well, I got a lot to cover and it was over a years period so :

Replaced worn out valve springs w/Compcam beehive springs with proper rating
Replaced Compcam "custom" camshaft with a model I had previously for better driveability
Replaced Single plane intake to dual-plane air-gap intake.
Replaced Demon 650DP with F.A.S.T. E-Z system.
Replaced fuel pressure gauge with new UltraLight stepper version.
Installed LED light strip in the trunk.
Installed 10+ year old drop box... FINALLY, during the EFI upgrade.
Replaced 13+ year old worn and torn FFR seats with Corbeau A4 seats
Replaces 13+ year old Simpson harnesses with Pro-Armor padded harnesses
Nearly completed bimini top for the MkIII (frame is done, waiting for wife on material to be sewn)
A Pair of custom roll-out side-pipe covers (anti-snake-bite nomex).

Think that covers everything.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,258
What's up Herman! I'll share more.

OK – BEFORE my experience above, over a period of 3 months, I spent probably 60 hours on a "15-year refresh of #4453”

1. Full detail including engine bay, engine bay aluminum, wheels-off cleaning wheel-wells, brakes, sidepipes, car underside, all plastic and all chrome including the door hinges
  2. Taped down at least 12 spots where the carpet was coming up. The carpet tape was dry and crusty
  3. Straightened out the steering wheel (it was off a wee)
  4. Rubber tubing over the trunk pin (trunk was shaking up and down)
  5. Touch up a few paint chips on the nose
  6. Re-painted (by hand) the fronts of the sidepipe hangers (they were "sandblasted")
  7. Replaced about a dozen rusty black oxide hardware bits with stainless steel
  8. Checked all suspension nuts & bolts
  9. Front end lube
  10. New door, trunk, and hood D-gaskets
  11. New overflow tank clear tubing (just in case, required partial coolant drain and re-burping)
  12. Dreamed of MK4 Roadster seats

·
FFCobra Captain
11,690 Posts
Took a drive after dinner tonight.
Still dealing with a hot start problem but it hasn’t left me stranded yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kgkeys

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,389 Posts
Just got home from an evening drive to the mountains with the wife. Beautiful evening.

2241 - 2260 of 2301 Posts