Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what my rollbar alignment looks like with both bars fully seated in the tubes....

We've tried pushing and pulling but its just too far out of whack.

Ive read about other mk 4 guys having to cut and reweld their back tube support brace...Im in that group apparently.

If I raise the rollbar up about a half inch and can get the back tube to engage, do you think I'd be ok drilling the holes there? would give me a tad more head room safety..Im a tall guy.

Thanks

3,596 Posts
Ryan,
I would raise the bar to fit. That's what I would do.Really don't think there's a practical difference of safety.
Sten

· 1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,719 Posts
You can also grind a little off the ID (or OD) of the rear leg for some additional wiggle room. A few thousandths make a significant difference on the far end.

Greg

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We futzed with them for quite awhile and never got the alignment to work out. I have the hidden roll bar fasteners so the back bar needs to be able to spin which i wont if I sledge it all into place.

I need a welder.

· FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Looks like if you raise it up it should work just fine. I'd rather do that than cut and weld. Or just buy the Breeze bar, it is already cut, just needs welding!!!

Mike

· Registered
2,302 Posts
you need to lift it up and then insert the support bar. its tricky the first time, but once you do it, you will see.

· Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its off in multiple planes. Lifting it up helps a little but then its off from left to right and also you can see the angle down to the support tube is quite a bit off.

· Registered
148 Posts
It might go in

I had some trouble with mine but it worked out.

Make sure to remove all paint from inside the third leg, I used the dremell on the third leg insides to make them slightly bigger, use some grease on all the leg's end, make sure the third leg rotates nicely on the roll bar and on the frame leg, now push the third leg in all the way, mount the rollbar just 1/4 inch in, bring third leg up until it joins the roll bar, now down a little, rotate third leg bringing it up almost flushed, everything down once again and third leg flushed this time, all down.

This worked for me, the driver side was not as bad as the passenger in my case.

Good luck.

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Buying tools is ALWAYS a good thing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.