Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just like anything else FE/big block FFR has discontinued selling any parts for this!!!! I reeeeeaaaaaallllly lucked out and found a set of headers. Now I need motor mounts and they look like they are discontinued as well. WHY would they do this?!?!?!?!

Des anyone have a FE motor mount adapter kit they want to sell?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Give FFR a call and see what they have to say. The on-line parts listings are not always up to date. Ask them if they'll make a set for you.

George

·
Premium Member
18,041 Posts
It's called "Factory Five" for a reason. It's not "Factory FE".

·
Caress of Steel
2,165 Posts
If people stop buying them, they eventually have to stop selling them. Seems like there have been less and less people interested in going that way. I thought about it after hearing a 460 at a cruise last summer but ran into the same problem, but instead decided to throw the 427W back in. It can still be done, but tiny niche markets will be more expensive. Good thing is it leaves that niche open for one of the vendors to try and support.

Can't really blame them, the buyers ultimately control the business. Wonder how many builds are Coyote vs. 351w vs. 302 these days.

Reactions: Buttinz1

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Official OLD GUY
3,863 Posts
Quote: "So just like anything else FE/big block FFR has discontinued selling any parts for this!!!!" . . . not to be the grammar or punctuation expert that I'd like to be, I think if there was a "comma" between the words "block" and "FFR", it would make more sense. FFR is not selling FE/Big Block parts.

Doc

·
Charter Member
1,570 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I think it is good you posted - others have gone this way and may have a solution. In addition to those who have built their own, it may be worthwhile reaching out to some of the professional builders like Gordon Levy, Mark Doherty, Mike Everson.

Good luck!

Geoff

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not to sure but these possibly may work for you And for the price prolly worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
18,041 Posts
That doesn't even make sense.
Sure it does. It's called "factory Five" because the car is designed to use the 5.0l engine. It's not designed to use the FE easily; so it's not called Factory FE. Or Factory 429. :)

·
Registered
Roadster #7430
13 Posts
According to Dave Smith, the "Factory" part came from their use of factory Ford component systems, and the "Five" was from the 5.0 engine, and that "Racing" part because they just liked to race.

·
Junior Charter Member
258 Posts
FE's are still supported. Contact them again.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
FE engines ARE supported/ Here's a link to munt adaptors. Using these does not require FE-specific frame engine mounts:
#12477 - 390/427/428 Motor Mount Kit

The copy also says they sell Headers.

I think the FE has been supported since the MKII at least.

Yes, FFR started out with the 5.0 in mind but as anyone knows you can put a very wide array of powerplants up front.

:)

·
Junior Charter Member
48 Posts
From my correspondence:
"The 427 is still supported. We no longer support the 460/490 big block."
:)
That doesn't make sense.

There is no 490. But there is a 390. The 390/427 are FE family motors.

The 460 is in the same family with the 429. (385 series)

Phil

·
Registered
6 Posts
So just like anything else FE/big block FFR has discontinued selling any parts for this!!!! I reeeeeaaaaaallllly lucked out and found a set of headers. Now I need motor mounts and they look like they are discontinued as well. WHY would they do this?!?!?!?!

Des anyone have a FE motor mount adapter kit they want to sell?
I've got a set from the partial build I just bought. I'm not going with the 460 that came with it. I'll put my hands on them this evening to make sure. Let me know if you still need them.

·
Snake Farmer
10,352 Posts
Can't you just buy aftermarket 427 motor mounts from a parts place, or on-line?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wonder how many builds are Coyote vs. 351w vs. 302 these days.
Dave did A video a few months back about motor options and answered this. I believe they said the coyote and 427w made up the bulk of sales recently. I think even they said the coyote had the most.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a set from the partial build I just bought. I'm not going with the 460 that came with it. I'll put my hands on them this evening to make sure. Let me know if you still need them.
I have the 460 mounts. Includes the transmission mount as well for a TKO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just found these mounts. Needed for a big block and Tremec transmission. Built by Mike Forte.

Let me know if you need these.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts