Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t expect many non-Factory Five folks to stop by here, but Kay and I have also produced Snapless Tonneau Covers for other makes including B&B/LA Exotic, Classic, Everett Morrison, Lonestar, RUCC, Kirkham, Shelby Cobra, Shell Valley, Hurricane, Unique and Backdraft roadsters.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Phillip,

do you have a version that can be used while the car is in motion? If not, could you make one and how much. Since I already have the hardware installed for the Whitby top maybe you could used that for anchor points. No roll bar on the victim's side.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magnus, our covers are only for parked use. The structure and design are not for towing or driving. An upholstery shop could fabricate a typical tonneau cover to use your existing snaps, but would need to add snaps in the front and sides to do what you want.

Sorry we couldn't help.

Attachments

·
Delivered
2,709 Posts
Nice work, sent you a pm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Phillip,

Just wanted to say once again that I Love the cover that you and Kay make. It is a must have when parking away from home. Thanks for making a great product.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Phillip,

Have you mad any for high back seats and dual roll bars? How does it actually attach? Velcro? Is the attachment noticeable with the cover off? Price??

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
342Stroker,
We do fabricate Snapless Tonneau Covers for Street Performer Seats. The attachment is the same (a bungee on each side, slips over the seats, over the steering wheel, around the dash mirror and around the roll bars with velcro strips behind those roll bars.

Here is a photo of our typical Street Performer Cover.

E-mail to [email protected] and I'll forward the Word Doc that serves as our Brochure and answer some of the basic questions.

Now if your high-back seats are not Street Performer, I would refer you to Pigfarm70 here.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243469

PIG can handle those other seats as well as custom colors.

We'll be here if you decide we can help.

Phillip

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
That is exactly what I am looking for on my car except I wouldn't need the cut out for the mirror.

What would it cost for me in black?

Reactions: noclot

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cobravii, Thank You for your interest.

Street Performer Cover is $230 including S&H. Standard Covers are $170 including S&H.
E-mail to [email protected] and we'll be glad to provide the other details you and we will need.

·
ntrudelle
866 Posts
Looking for a non FFR tonneau cover.

I am interested in a tonneau cover,my kit is a DDCobra,will be ready to drive in two weeks and i will paint it spring 2011. The color will be most likely Ford Merlot FX and would like to know how you would proceed to make a cover for my Cobra. I have dual roll bar and they are not as thick as FFR's,cockpit dimensions will be little different,let me know what's up and send me a PM when you have a break,thanks !

Michel

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Michel, if you will contact us at [email protected], I can share our Brochure and the information you will need to make a decision.

Phillip

·
Senior Charter Member
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Martin, probably 2 weeks, 3 max.

I've listed the info we need in a PM.

Phillip

·
ntrudelle
866 Posts
Phil and Kay tonneau cover

Just mocked up my tonneau cover from Phil and kay on the week end and it was fairly simple and fun to do. I'm mailing back the pattern to them tomorrow and will see how long it takes to get back. The pattern was well marked and instructions were clear though I couldn't get that email they tell you to go to to have better pictures. Anybody succeeded in doing so,maybe it was me ? Otherwise it was fun to do and could imagine the real deal,can't wait to get it,cheers

Michel

·
ntrudelle
866 Posts
Got my tonneau cover,awsome work by Phil and kay !

Very happy with my tonneau cover,beyond my expectations. The quality is great,feels like leather and it was constructed exactly to fit every contour of my car,good job guys,thanks a lot !

Michel

·
Junior Charter Member
709 Posts
Phillip

Any interest in making a cover for the 33 Hotrod?

Chuck

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.