Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the person who has designed and made the snapless tonneau cover for FFR Roadster--I remeber seeing it on the forum the end of 2004. I need one. Anyone know who to call? Mike Sorrentino

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Thanks RB.. Without the receipt I can not remember what neat thing I got from who... Is Duane still making them? If so I highly recommend at least looking at his product. Very easy to use, quality and fit were great, and the $$ was ok too.....

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Kay and I have been in the mountains for a few weeks building a garage so I have not been checking FFCars. Kay helped me Friday with the felt paper but has opted out of the shingle crew (too steep for her). So she'll be working on covers when we go back after the 4th.

Thanks for the interest Mike, you have e-mail.

In addition to the Standard & Street Performer covers, we've got a couple of interesting covers in the pipe line for a B&B and a modified Spec Racer. Can't wait to see how they fit.

Phillip

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Interesting observations.

When Kay and I arrived in the mountains two weeks ago, I removed the Hardtop. Before I finished the roof sheathing on the garage, MARIAH set outside for 4-5 days with only her Tonneau Cover for protection (all my plastic was covering the expensive lumber and plywood sheathing).

Can you tell she's not a Trailer Queen? Maybe not even a Debutant. More like the Tom Boy that lived next door.

We had several nights of Frog Strangler rains. In the mornings, I would swish off a couple of cups of water that gathered in the very middle of the cover, take the cover off for the day and let the sun dry out what little water runs in behind the seats from the tops of the wheel arches.

I'm awed (well, actually pleased) at what an efficient job this little cover does in the heaviest of downpours. MARIAH isn't normally left to fend for herself like that, so I thought the observation and testiment might be useful.

See ya down the road...........

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Vince, I've e-mailed the info you might need.

This picture is of the Standard cover. Cost is $115 including S&H. Dual roll bar is the same price. Your e-mail also includes a picture of the Street Performer cover that is $170 if you've gone in that direction.

We're here if you need us.

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
You wont be unhappy if you get Phillip and Kay's cover. They do very good work in a speedy manner.

Scott

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
Will the street performer covers fit over the Cobra Monaco seats? Theyre just a bit wider at the top I think, with the extra "shoulders"...

·
8,350 Posts
Just tried mine for the first time today; great!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Tonight at the local cruise-in I spoke to Phillip and Kay and they showed me the cover in person. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and the tonneau cover is a well thought out and well made product. Hands down, this would have been preferable to the plastic tarp I threw over #3928 and fought the wind to keep over the cockpit while the summer shower was coming down.

Put me down for one of your tonneau covers Phillip and Kay. Just drop me an email ([email protected]) whenever it's done and I'll run down to Fort Mill to pick it up. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts