Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you aren't signed up on BACCEVENTS.COM to receive notices of upcoming events in the area.

Signups for "Snakes to the Lake 2015- Aug 21-23" are open.

We currently have 43 cars signed up so it should be another great trip.

Please go to BACC Snakes to the Lake 2015 for more information and to signup.

see ya at the lake,
Mike

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I looked at all the links and information but I couldn't find an itinerary...like do we meet someplace and caravan up...any stops on the way...or is it just a free for all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would other FF models be at this event? I'm considering getting an 818 but I'd really like to see / ride in one first.

And yes, I have seen FF cobras before, and I already know they're cool. :)

·
8,329 Posts
It's not generally a free for all. Different areas will meet up and caravan to a major spot say somewhere in Livermore. The details will get posted on the Bacc site before the run.
Chris there is generally a SJ group that comes up. Reno, Mike Terrie, Al Weendoggy etc.
Not sure who all coming from there yet but keep looking for details.

There are no finished 818's out here yet so I'm sure there will be none this year but all are welcome on these trips.

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
So sad my Coupe isn't finished yet. This is one of the events I definitely plan on attending when my car is done. Next year for sure!

jeff

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SORRY
Registration for
Snakes to the Lake 2015
is closed.
We have sold out available rooms

50 Cars are registered for this Year

DON"T MISS
SNAKES TO THE LAKE 2016
20th ANNUAL Celebration

check BACCEVENTS Home for future events OR just join the mailing list to receive notices for events info and registrations

mike "monster"

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys,

I just reviewed this years website regarding Snakes and to answer the question regarding " itinerary" here are a bit more detail:

With generally about 50 or so cars attending Snakes to the Lake coming from different areas, We (I) create groups based on where folks are located. Such as South Bay, North Bay, East Bay, Central Coast, Northern CA etc. Each group is told who is in their group ( email list) and they decide on a "local" meeting location for themselves and then caravan to the "main" Snakes start location or meet up with the main body of cars along the route whichever works for them (the route using Google Maps is sent to everyone gets before Snakes starts).

The drive is broken into two parts, the morning ends at a location generally halfway to the lake for lunch ( note: we plan out gas/rest stops along the way so no on leg is generally more that an hour or so cause NOBODY LIKES A GRUMPY CO-PILOT). After lunch, most of the cars have met up with the group and we continue to "snake" our way to the lake.

We try to avoid the main highways (50 & 80) if we can.

So hope this help folks who registered this year or in the future.

see ya, Mike "monster"

·
ROOKIE!
1,385 Posts
I'm doing this next year for sure!

Jeff

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trip report

Weather Great- 80's through the weekend

about 40-45 cars

Drive up- Nice drive along backroads and delta (mostly newly paved) to Rancho Cordova for lunch.

Food Truck Friday Lunch stop was a big hit with 9 great gourmet food trucks, tables shade & music https://www.facebook.com/SactoMoFo

Friday night get together food, drinks and great time to catch up with old friends, make some new friends and plan for Sat. drives.

Sat.- small groups went in all directions as they explored the area for the day. The back to the hotel for a cocktail or 2 or 3 then out on the town for dinner, gambling, shows or dancing.

Sunday came a bit to quick but it was time to say our farewells.

Keep checking for our information on the 20th annual Snakes to the lake celebration which is expected to be an event not to be missed

or signup on BACCEVENTS Home to receive updates

Sorry, I don't have pictures ( I was busy having fun )

Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Snakes Pictures?

Take pity on we who couldn't attend..
Looking forward to seeing pictures of what I missed. Sold my house of 28 years and had to be moved out by the 28th..I'm just barely gonna make it, couldn't afford the time, but you were all on my mind all weekend!
John Lipka

1 - 17 of 17 Posts