Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of SN94/95 spindles with complete front setup (spindles, calipers, hubs, rotors, and brackets) in pretty good shape for around $250 shipped. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys? Anything I need to check or make sure about before I buy these? Anything else I should ask the seller?

I'm going with the SN94/94 spindles, a Flaming River 15:1 rack, with the rod ends, u-joint, upper/lower shafts, bushings, etc from Breeze. Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything before I make the purchase. Can't afford to make any stupid mistakes. As always thanks for your help. Not sure what I would do without you all.
J_B

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
I paid $150 from a local junk yard. You'll want to replace the calipers anyways and at least have the rotors turned.

Shop around.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I recommend the SN-95 spindles but I'd use the Cobra brake kit or the Brembo kit to get killer brakes.
Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
376 R Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-273-9900

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I just got in 10 sets of front lower control arms complete with 11" rotors, spindles, calipers and hardware. The 1st 10 sets I'm selling at $975.00 complete. Please call or E-mail for pictures.
Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
376 R Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-273-9900

·
Registered
70 Posts
The route your going is the same thing I did. I paid $300 for spindles complete with brakes, so your deal is better. Breeze, unless there is new news, does not sell both the upper and lower shafts. But he can tell you where to go to get the one he doesn't sell. Good luck. Dave Lowell.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
323 Posts
You may consider upgrading the brakes to the ones found on 99+ V6/V8 Stangs. They are lighter and more powerful than the SN95 ones and they bolt right up to the SN95 spindles. They are aluminum PBR dual piston with a 10.8" rotor. They are very similar to the Cobra brakes but lighter, they are made by the same company. Personally, I think CObra brakes are overkill unless you count onusiong your car on an open track. These cars are way too light to need such heavy duty brakes. Go for the lower unsprung weight. 13" rotors weigh quite a bit (but is is neat to see the cobra logo between your wheel spokes).You can find these brakes easily as many stangers are installing cobra and bullitt brakes on their heavy cars and need to get rid of their almost new stock brakes. I got mine for $120 with new rotors, almost new pads and calipers.

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ffroggy,
Will the 99+ V6/V8 brakes bolt on to both SN94 and SN95 spindles (I'm not sure whether there's any difference between the two)? Did you do this on your FFR? Anything else I need to be aware of or look out for if i do this?

Thanks for that suggestion. I will plan to get the spindles and hubs cheap and then look for the 99+ brakes.
J_B

·
FFCobra Fanatic
323 Posts
The 94-95 spindles are the same, they have the same track as FOX body stangs. The 96-98 are the same except they have a wider track. This wider track may or may not work with your wheels. The 99+ GT/V6 brakes will bolt up to 94 and newer spindles. Not sure about the cobras, but why would you want to give up cobra brakes? Anyhow, there is a writeup and pics of the swap at www.svo73mm.cjb.net (GREAT site by the way)You need to grind a very tiny amount off the spindle (about a millimeter, takes less than 5 min), put spacers on the lower ball joint, or even better, use SN95 ball joints. I used the spacer since it came with the spindles (I paid $140 I think). You can even use the soft lines that come with the brakes. I may have a set of soft lines laying around since I went with stainless braided ones.

·
Junior Charter Member
49 Posts
Just for clarity the "SN95" term is the program code for all 1994-current mustangs. As far as parts go, you may still need to specify model year(s), but the "SN95" code remains constant. This code will remain in use for all new mustangs until it replaced by the re-designed "S197" mustang, which I believe is to be introduced for the 2004 model year. Then there will be "SN95" and "S197" mustangs, just like there are "Fox" and "SN95" mustangs today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts