Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,604 Posts
Well I've never had any dealings with them, but I remember some of the guys over at Club Cobra had nothing but good things to say about them. They've been around for quite awhile also.

John O

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Street Rodder has used their motors in some of their Road Tour rides. Seem to be a pretty decent outfit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
No first hand knowledge but never heard anything bad.

Looks like a nice street build, great torque curve. Would be easy to drive, probably quite civilized and yet it'll lite 'em up w/o working hard.

Jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
These guys used to be out of Sacramento, CA. A lot of local guys here used them with no complaints. If they didnt move to Texas I would have bought my engine from them to keep it local.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
aluminum 427

I have one of the aluminum small block 427s with the 8 Stack Fuel Injection on it, only have 1200 miles on it now, but I'm impressed with the quality of the build:

1) Absolutely NO LEAKS
2) All fittings and tie downs are high quality and well done
3) Runs beautifully at low rpm and high rpm. No stumbling, surging. Only issue was some exhaust popping on deceleration. Turned out when the collector for the A/F sensor was welded to the shortened headers, some gaps in the weld caused air to affect the sensor readings. So it auto corrected and ran very rich to compensate. Once I fixed the air leak, everything good.
4) Makes alot of power with no fuss. This engine Dyno'd at 619 HP and 610 FT LBS of torque, with a red-line of 6500 rpm. Max torque occurs around 5200, so there is really no need to rev it high anyway.
It's in a car I bought from another builder in the Bay area about 80% complete, he had put 3.73 gears in the differential. Well 1st and 2nd gear were basically unusable with this engine, I would just start in 3rd gear. First time I was on the freeway, I went to pass some folks at 70 in 3rd gear, at half throttle it spun the rear tires. So I swapped gears to 2.73s, now all gears are useable (with Toyo R888 tires). First pulls to 63mph, kind of like the new Z06 Corvettes. Yeah you can still fry the tires in first gear, but if you roll into the throttle it will hook up and not spin from 30mph on up.
5) It is pricey, this engine was $18,500 with the stack system, fuel delivery and March pulley system.

Very, very impressed.

** I have this car up for sale in the classifieds if you know someone who might be interested.

Attachments

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,160 Posts
We used one of Ben's 427 Cobra Specials in our build back in 2006. It's been flawless with no complaints. Great hardware in their crate engines and the attention to detail is there as well. They really know how to screw an engine together!

HTH!
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts