Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I can't order the kit yet (just sold my house and nice 2 bay gargage) but at least I'll have the manual to enjoy. I'm in the fun dreaming stage right now. I ordered a catalog from Jegs, Summit, and Painless so far.

Anyway, I just want to tell you guys how much I enjoy reading this forum everyday.

I'm just waiting for my buddy Stremboli to fire up his FFR. After I hear that baby and he gives me a ride, nothing will stop me from building my dream.

·
3,760 Posts
You've now passed the point of no return. There is nothing that can save you at this point. There is an FFR in your future.

Good luck!!

AJ

·
Junior Charter Member
882 Posts
I ordered my manual 2 years ago as a dream. One of those "wouldn't this be fun" kind of things, never thought i would actually have one. Then i found this forum and its been downhill (in a good way!) ever since. Ordered my kit in October.

You will find a way to have one if you stick around here too long! :D

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
ooph...his feet are wet. Go ahead, jump in, the water's fine! :D

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

I've been on a lot of different forums for a lot of different things. This is by far the best one I have found. No question, comment, or post is ever ignored and the responses are always top notch. I read (and respond if I can help) every post and I really enjoy this site.

I actually got bit about a year ago (and have been on this forum for a year) when my buddy Jack (Stremboli) took me to see a supercharged FFR. Since then he has ordered his kit and I visit regularly to go over all his progress. I recently turned down a chance to buy a 1998 4 door M3 because it would delay my FFR purchase too long. I've been wanting to build or rebuild a car since I was a little kid and have just been looking for a good fit. This is definitely it.

·
We don't need no stinkin stitches
1,450 Posts
Good move dude :D
I knew you were bitten a long time ago.
I will help you go get it when that day comes.
Jack

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,736 Posts
Hi Ry
I have in-laws in Rindge. Next time (wheather permitting)I will look you up.
BillB

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Allan, I got the DVD a year ago and I love it. I'm a long time lurker. Thanks for the link though. I actually went to the open house a year ago with Stremboli. It was great to talk to owners and future owners. I would love to go to a big Cobra get together sometime.

BillB, next time you're around Keene, let me know. I would love to see your car or just talk FFR stuff.

Jack, I owe you for bringing me into the FFR world. Thanks...Ry

·
We don't need no stinkin stitches
1,450 Posts
Ry,
If you mean it you will purchase a FRP stroker for me to break in for you as you collect the rest of your parts :cool:
I would take good care of it.
I would even let you help install it, I really would. I'm just that kinda guy.
Besides, you need the experience, as this is no timing chain on a Maxima job. It also has far less chance of experiencing the feel of a couple quarts of p/s fluid on your arms. Does that not make so much more sense? I think it does.
It would be the least I could do for you. And I always do the least I can do :D

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
ah, this sounds so familiar!

I first started with "just the manual", after I got the donor (permission-tester). That was in October. Since then, I've spent a total of $5k but no kit and a lot of junky looking parts in the garage! I've been doing virtually nothing but watching this forum and visiting a large number of vendor sites on all the bits and pieces I'll need. In between times, tearing apart the donor or building some tool or something else FFR related.

If you go to my site, you'll see what I've done in just 3 months!

The worst part about my build: I have to do over 5 years. :( I have to start pacing myself! Hope you don't have to wait nearly as long.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Small step...ordered my manual today
That's actually a big step cause now you're really gonna get hooked, and there's no turning back

The FFR manual has a hypnotic effect which puts you in a trance forcing you to look over the entire build process hundreds of times...until you can build the whole car in your head. Then you figure since you can build the whole car in your head, you just gotta get one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm still waiting for my build manual -- ordered it about 10 days ago. I may be doomed, but I will be happy about it! Also, I contacted Cypress Auto Salvage and got a phone call and an email today that stated:

"FFR Enthusiasts; WE have just finished our last ffr donor pallet order that was on order! So we are ready to put some more together.
For the first three donor package orders we recive this month , I will give $250 off shipping cost or I will hve your wire harness cut down for no charge. WE at Cypress auto really enjoy doing these projects and are trying to keep a mechanic dedicated to just donors full time, which keeps the quality of our donor pallets up . Hopefully this will be a win win set up thanks Mike Percey. Cypress auto salvage."

Now this may cause me to jump with joy, and off the edge and into the water!

Mike

Cars are my obsession, and I'm late for therapy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now that I don't have my garage, I'm trying to figure out what I can do in my 2 bedroom apartment. Maybe rebuild a T-bird rear for my IRS setup... I'm not using one of the rooms. I thought it would make for a nice engine rebuilding room. Once I built the engine though, I would probably have to remove a wall and get a crane to get it out. I guess I can kiss that security deposit goodbye. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.