Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a dual quad set up and thought I would ask if anyone has a nice one for sale at a reasonable price.
Thanks

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,825 Posts
I'm going same route, and collecting parts.

Just picked up a reman'd dizzy from Advanced for $50 with a coupon...PN 30-2831

If you end up buying a cap & rotor new, let me know the PNs. My brief online search did not come up with the small cap PN. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I made a spacer for my MSD distributor so I could use a small cap. The distributor I have is for a 5.0 and had the big cap but I'm putting together my engine with Webers and a "turkey pan" so I really needed more room. I made it out of PVC but want to make one out of something that is less affected by heat, probably aluminum. You can see the spacer in the picture below. Just an idea for you.

·
Senior Charter Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just watch the gear and camshaft combo. Need to bring this all up again, but...

That Summit clone 302 R-2-R distributor has a "soft cast iron" driven gear that will work with a flat tappet or SADI chilled core cast iron aftermarket hydraulic roller cam. If you are using a true steel billet roller camshaft like a FRPP 303-? series, then you will have to change over to a "hard steel" driven gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.