Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok RR, quit calling me an idiot, my new monicker is bonehead! Was removing the exhaust from the donor(Brand new BBK stainless so I want to keep it for resale) and dropped the entire H pipe right on my face! Damn that hurt! There's something to be said for taking your time and thinking thru that last bolt you're about to remove! :eek:

Ok, taking my fat lip back out to work somemore.

[ September 29, 2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Horizon200 ]

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Be careful unloading the front springs. There's potential knee cap injury there!
Not that I would know anything about that first hand. :rolleyes:
RR

·
6,546 Posts
I've messed with a lot of springs, and I always chain the goofy things to/into the car before I pry them loose. Mostly unnecessary, but a few times it's been a lifesaver.

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buddy & I were discussing the springs just today. I told him to squeeze tehm real tight while I loosen them! :D Hey what are freinds for?
Actually, we are both very gunshy with the springs and will be using a spring compressor.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mike dont feel too bad
I did the same thing removing a SS exhaust from my donor,only I got a fat lip and quite a lump on my forehead( it fell quite a ways before my head interfered with gravity) for my stupidity :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff,
I considered that option, but didn't have the sawsall handy! :D

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Maybe its different from car to car, but my front springs pretty much dropped out after taking apart the rest of the front suspension and pushing down on the LCAs. They were under almost no compression at all (After removing shocks etc).

Brendan

·
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have cut it too Aaron, but it is brand new and I have a guy that wants to buy it. As for the springs, I'm sure when the engine is out, it will reduce the load considerably. But to be on the safe side, Autozone has compressors in their Loan A Tool program.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
Floor jack under the a-arm has always worked for me.

Dont cut h-pipes. A stock rusty hpipe is worth an easy $100-$200 off of ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.