1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Middle aged
plenty of hair--> almost white
most of my teeth
Considered a joy to be around ( by very few )

Desperately seeking upper and lower control arms for an mk4 289 build.

Valin's is told by FFR that no delivery date is available.
Levy isn't having much luck with the billet option.

Does anyone know of a source for control arms other than the above-mentioned?

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
So, is it possible to use lower control arms from a Fox body mustang? I have no idea if FFR arms are different between the 289 and the 427 style? Maybe use them till FFR has them available again?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Hey Vic. I checked the basement parts stock and was able to piece together a set of UCA's. They are the older gold type and one of the pivot blocks is slightly bent but you are welcome to use them for mock-up if you like. If you can find a set of stock Mustang lowers as Rich suggests and source the ball joints & boots you could move forward with your build. Sorry, I didn't think I had all the bits until I checked.

The great part is they will only cost you a few beers! Let me know. Scott

Bicycle part Crankset Font Bicycle accessory Auto part

Reactions: samadhi and zee

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott I'm wondering if you look on a few more shelves if you might find a set of lowers also.

I'm going to hound Gordon again this week. He may have marked my emails as spam by now. 😀

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,752 Posts
You can easily build UCAs from SPC parts. I don't know if the track width is different for the 289 cars though so you would need to confirm that.
Start here;
2020-2021 Total Wheel Alignment Sourcebook (spcalignment.com)
92142 cross shaft
92040 sleeves
92005 and 92013 pivot studs
92025 pivots
92002 BJ plate
94002 BJ or any K772 (Moog/industry code #) BJ
You can get really nice adjustable BJs from QA1 or Howe Racing.
I have always gotten the part #s here and then ordered from Summit but I was never ordering a complete UCA. I have 'heard' that, for a complete UCA, calling them is better because you will get a better price than the sum of all the parts.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,602 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a pair of tubular lower control arms for 1993 mustang on eBay for $250.00. they are larger tubes than FF . I then welded the coil over shock attachment to them. I wanted to use 3/16 but all I had available was 1/4 inch so I used that. I would have used FF but they were not available. the picture is showing the bottom of the arm
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Engineering

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good job on that Rustyrim.

Gordon Levy has confirmed that CNC of his billet arms are almost complete. I will await them.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Wow, that's very nice TIG welding. Wish I could do that. I'm sure you could sell a few pairs of those on here. Well done. Scott

I bought a pair of tubular lower control arms for 1993 mustang on eBay for $250.00. they are larger tubes than FF . I then welded the coil over shock attachment to them. I wanted to use 3/16 but all I had available was 1/4 inch so I used that. I would have used FF but they were not available. the picture is showing the bottom of the arm View attachment 366387

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Good job on that Rustyrim.

Gordon Levy has confirmed that CNC of his billet arms are almost complete. I will await them.
Good news Vic. I've got the old ones here if you need them. Scott

Reactions: samadhi
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.