Factory Five Racing Forum banner

SLC (near total rebody)

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Garvin 
#1 ·
Started an SLC build many years ago, and with life's distractions, it was hard to get it really underway. Since I had it a while, there were a lot of things I figured I could change. These changes started small, but in the end I just decided to rebody almost the entire car. There will be a back story more on this later. Right now, here is where it stands (glassed in foam for mock up purposes to make molds from later). These are still rough, but hoping to start working on doing finish work on the mock up over the next few months.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice work! I love when someone is willing to put their own spin on a design.

One thought though. To my eye, the roof needs a little tweaking. The lines of the roof and top of the side windows start down a little too early. I would soften the line across the top of the windshield and carry the height back a little bit before rounding it downward.

Of course, that's just MY eye. The vision of YOUR car is YOURS. Keep it up, and make your car your way! That's what it's really all about.

#5 ·
any updates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.