Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the slab out Sunday with a friend of mine "The man whose name we dare not speak",
to a car show. She ran flawlessly altho it was only about 30 miles. It was really an overcast day and the threat of rain loomed over us all day, but held off. There were five Factory Five cars in attendance and some other beautiful cars and rods. I got some pics of mine and the other Factory five cars and then my camera took a dump. Anyway here are some pics and the Viking Blue car next to mine belongs to "The man whose name we dare not speak" I know these are dark but it was overcast.

John O

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
So.... did you get any comments??

· Charter Member
2,559 Posts
Very, very nice!

Garry

· Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
Looks soooooooo original!

· Administrator
6,612 Posts

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So.... did you get any comments??

Yeah, that's what I wanna know. A truly outstanding build.

:)
Yes, there were lots of comments and all of them positive. Rangeing from "Thats not a kit, right", to "It's a real one, right". One blowhard told me he had a '66 Cobra but didn't like it so he got rid of it. I didn't tell him that they didn't make a '66 :D. All in all despite the weather it was a fun day.

John O

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,

Good thing as you would have been wrong seeing that the last CSX cars were imported and sold as 1967's :001_tongue:

Bill S.
Au contraire, the last csx289 was csx 2589 invoiced 10-12-64 and sold as a '65. 2601 & 2602 were invoiced to shelby but were shipped directly from AC to Europe.

John O

· Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Fantastic work John. A beautiful re-creation of a slab-side.:)

Glad to see you are finally able to enjoy it out on the road. We'll need a road test report on it. Handling, braking, acceleration, etc..

· Too Cheap to paint!
6,661 Posts
John,

Now bring it out to Hershey Sunday for the NE SAAC Regional meet....

· Husband/Father/Son
12,416 Posts
Au contraire, the last csx289 was csx 2589 invoiced 10-12-64 and sold as a '65. 2601 & 2602 were invoiced to shelby but were shipped directly from AC to Europe.

John O
Ah yes, but that is not what you, nor your "I used to own a Cobra guy" stated, just that he owned a 66 :neenerneener: . We won't even mention the COB cars since we would not want to "muddy" the conversation further :D .

I do agree with Dan, get "Da Mook" to caravan out to Hershey with you this coming Sunday. The weather will be great, and the automotive eye candy is amazing. :beerchug:

Bill S.

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ah yes, but that is not what you, nor your "I used to own a Cobra guy" stated, just that he owned a 66 :neenerneener: . We won't even mention the COB cars since we would not want to "muddy" the conversation further :D .

I do agree with Dan, get "Da Mook" to caravan out to Hershey with you this coming Sunday. The weather will be great, and the automotive eye candy is amazing. :beerchug:

Bill S.
I thought it would be fairly obvious that I was refering to the csx 289(American market) not the cob 289 cars (British market) or the cox 289 cars (European market).:D

John O

· Too Cheap to paint!
6,661 Posts
John,

What about Sunday?????

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John,

What about Sunday?????
Danny, wish that I could but I have a prior commitment. Plus I only put about 30 mi on the engine and want to break it in a little before a long trip. See you at one of the breakfast meetings.

John

· Charter Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John are the clips you have holding your headlight stone guards on a period correct item? I don't think I've seen that style before, Oh and did I say "I love the paint work" :)
Yes they are. csx 2431

and 2321

And I also love the paint work. :D

John O

· Registered
341 Posts
Gorgeous roadster. Two questions.... What does slabside mean and where do you purchase the head light screens?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.