Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have someone localy that is selling the rear end from a 93 cobra but i've heard that they are different(longer) from the regular mustangs. it has a posi unit with 3:08 gears, disc brakes with calipers, and lines. he wants $250 for it. its 4 lug and i want the 5 lug conversion so i'm not too interested on it. if someone wants it and can make it work i will give you his info.

i would still want to know if they are the same length as the 94 and up mustang or are they the same as the 87-93 live axles.

thanks

luis

·
FFCobra Fanatic
724 Posts
Hotshot, not sure of the measurement, but I have a '93 Cobra rearend under 2468. It fits fine. It may be 3/4" or so wider, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Good Luck! Al

·
Registered
764 Posts
a couple weeks ago, or longer, the rearends were measured and noted. i cant find the thread but it wasnt too long ago. it gave the measurements of the 87-93, 94-95, and also the lincoln. i believe but dont quote me, 87-93 measured from hub to hub was 59.25 inches, 94-95 1.5 inches wider, lincoln 1.5 inches wider than 94-95. hope this helps. also i believe the 89 ranger axle is the same length as 87-93, but it is 5lug. you might want to ask richard from north cobras, he has quite a bit of experience in this category. vince

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.