Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used, older factory five replica. It has simpson race harness's installed but they are way past date to be replaced. I went on factory fives site and the ones they have listed are out of stock and have been for awhile.

I've looked at summit and other places, but cannot find the same setup (adjusters on the right and left side of the hip portion of the belt). Anyone know where to get these or the part number for those?

Thanks in advance guys

·
Junior Charter Member
955 Posts
Don’t bother replacing unless they are damaged or you are taking it to the track.

I’ve used Racequip and Gforce harnesses. If they have a certification tag they’re built to the same standard as the Simpson harnesses but you don’t have to pay for the name.

I track my car so I have to replace harnesses every two years, the savings of not paying simpson’s advertising bill definitely adds up.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Don’t bother replacing unless they are damaged or you are taking it to the track.

I’ve used Racequip and Gforce harnesses. If they have a certification tag they’re built to the same standard as the Simpson harnesses but you don’t have to pay for the name.

I track my car so I have to replace harnesses every two years, the savings of not paying simpson’s advertising bill definitely adds up.
+1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks, but I'm renting it out and while probably not important, I don't want extra liability from an outdated safety restraint..... lawyers will find anything they can

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a used, older factory five replica. It has simpson race harness's installed but they are way past date to be replaced. I went on factory fives site and the ones they have listed are out of stock and have been for awhile.

I've looked at summit and other places, but cannot find the same setup (adjusters on the right and left side of the hip portion of the belt). Anyone know where to get these or the part number for those?

Thanks in advance guys
Remove the tag and your good it for racing inspections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts