Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike I was test fitting the sidepipes today and the drivers side is awful close to the lower outer corner of the drivers foot box.Would you be able to give me a measurement from the corner of the footbox forward to the flange where the four pipes come togther. This is a j-pipe set up also can you tell me which side the locking ring goes on the upper steering shaft bearing block,
Thanks Greg

·
Charter Member
140 Posts
Greg,
I was reading your post today, and I cant help with the sidepipe. But I can help with the retaining ring on the upper steering shaft. After racking my brains out with the semi-informative manual, I resorted back to instincts... "LOOKING at PICTURES." Finally found the one that has it, and it goes to the steering wheel side, not the footbox side. Hope that helped you. Good luck.

Erich

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It is my understanding that the upper steering shaft collar goes on the footbox side. That way, in the event of an accident the shaft would be able to collapse(sp?) as it was designed to do.
Also, if your gripping the wheel tightly while your launching the car you wont be able to pull the wheel towards you.
RR

·
FFCobra Craftsman
607 Posts
It's a locking collar. Doesn't matter which side of the bearing it goes on. If it's locked, like it should be, it's not going to move anyway.

David

·
Registered
918 Posts
The side pipe on the drivers side is 2" from the footbox to the flange were the 4 tubes fit. If it doesn't line up to suit you we take and cut the J pipe then reweld it where you want it.
The locking collar goes on the steering wheel side and it gets tightend down so it won't slip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts