Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will eventually make aluminum brackets for my sidepipe to frame mounts. It the meantime does any body know the Ford part # for the rubber
hangers ? No luck at Pep Boys.

·
Senior Charter Member
591 Posts
I saw the same rubber hangers like the one Breeze sold me at Autozone (you have to cut them in half). A hose clamp around the rubber donut is used to limit the damping...

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
I don't cut them in half. I drill a 3/8 hole in the 2x2 and put a 3 3/4" 3/8" bolt in it. On the driver's side the bolt head in in the drop part of the floor. You need to use a lock nut also.
Jeff Hamilton

·
4,494 Posts
I first tried the cut-in-half method. The result was the rubber hangers really stretched a lot and were not strong enough and both cracked. I then used the full size rubber, used a longer bolt and tapped the hole into the 2 x 2 frame. Seems to work.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will call Breeze, order their rubber hangers with the bolt through the 2x2 hardware and follow your advice. Much appreciated.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
I welded a 3/8" botl to the 2x2 frame member and got the rubber hanger from Autozone and didn't cut it in half.

Ben

·
Senior Charter Member
564 Posts
I used a 3/8" Shoulder Bolt with a 5/16-18 Rivenut in the Frame. Some washers are required to make it work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.