Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Is anyone running twin sidedraft weber induction on their small block? Saw the Inglese ad in the latest Hot Rod and wondered if they would work on the Cobra?

Thanks,
Lou

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,732 Posts
i am sure they would work well but not sure it's worth it due to covering up the valve covers.But OTOH, maybe no hood clearance issues.They would look cool as h-ll and have longer intake runners than downdrafts so should be a real good solution!

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
Here's some:

KC

·
Junior Charter Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Inglese sells a set that mounts to a standard four barrel intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
Originally posted by Lou:
Thanks guys. Inglese sells a set that mounts to a standard four barrel intake manifold.
Don't waste your time or money on the V8 twin DCOE system. Weber DCOE, IDA and IDF carbs are designed to be used on an IR manifold. Mounting them on a standard 4 bbl manifold with an adapter will confuse the metering. They are designed to respond to large low frequency pulses instead of a constant vacuum signal that a 4 BBL manifold will produce. I tried running one DCOE on a 2.0 Capri engine, and it went way rich. I changed just about everything in that carb to get it to run right. Ended up buying another DCOE and a two carb manifold, it ran great after that with some simple jet and venturi changes.

·
NOT a self proclaimed Craftsman
1,189 Posts
Originally posted by J Persons:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lou:
Don't waste your time or money on the V8 twin DCOE system. Weber DCOE, IDA and IDF carbs are designed to be used on an IR manifold. Mounting them on a standard 4 bbl manifold with an adapter will confuse the metering. They are designed to respond to large low frequency pulses instead of a constant vacuum signal that a 4 BBL manifold will produce. I tried running one DCOE on a 2.0 Capri engine, and it went way rich. I changed just about everything in that carb to get it to run right. Ended up buying another DCOE and a two carb manifold, it ran great after that with some simple jet and venturi changes. </font>[/QUOTE]+1. Add to that the extra twists and turns added by that setup and it is strictly for show. Sidedraft carbs on a downdraft manifold?!? Pure silliness.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
I Agree ive got twin carbs 45.s on my 66 Lotus cortina, and they are nice when running but constantly need adjusting. Ive also tried a few different manifolds, but went back to factory issue. tweaked a bit

Jimmy O

1 - 7 of 7 Posts