Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some stainless heat shields for the side pipes. I have the FFR pipes and looking for suggestions.

Thx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Looking to get some stainless heat shields for the side pipes. I have the FFR pipes and looking for suggestions.

Thx
I like the look of the heat sheilds. Not sure why people do not typically put them on? Seems practical too with kids riding like i will have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got some from cobrastuff.com. Different look that Mike's, just depends on what style you're after. Mine stay cool enough to touch even after the exhaust gets hot.

If you have kids, just watch out around where the quad exits the body. You wouldn't touch it getting out of the car, but if they're wandering around it's a lot hotter there than anywhere else. My quad where it exits the body tends to measure around 350-400F after a 30 min drive (I have cats), whereas the tip of the exhaust is typically around 110F or so.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Happy with Drummer Mike. Zero special maintenance.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,382 Posts
If you get Drummer Mike's shields, i recommend getting the polished version. It is a lot of work to polish them with my Harbor Freight polisher.

·
Man Cave Master Craftsman
481 Posts
If you get Drummer Mike's shields, i recommend getting the polished version. It is a lot of work to polish them with my Harbor Freight polisher.
The other day after getting just a little snake bite, (Man that hurt!) I figured I'd better install heat shields. With many good reviews and recommendations I decided to order Drummer Mike's shields. I took Drummer Mike's advice and ordered the polished version, they should be arriving today (Friday)

He asked me to post pictures once I have them installed, I'll be happy to comply.

Saul

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
These are 3 years old on a daily driver. The polishing is outstanding.

Extra note. I lined the inside of the shields with ThermoTec heat barrier. Just some extra leg insurance.

·
Man Cave Master Craftsman
481 Posts
Hello Kevin,

Oh good idea, I have some leftover Pyrogel XT E silica aerogel thermal insulation from when I built the foot box stainless heat shields, the stuff is a fantastic heat insulator.

Your shields still look new

Thanks for the suggestion.

Saul

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does Drummer Mike have a website or contact him throught the forum. When I searched, I didn't get anything to pop up. I am sure it is user error.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I recommend getting the polished version as well! :smile2: I didn't know about that option, and I had a terrible time finding someone to polish mine, and it wasn't cheap!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on the finishline heat shields?
They look and work great. I like the perforated look to break up the continuous side exhaust a bit. If Drummer Mike had a perforated version I would have used him, however he did not, and I wanted that look. Quality is very good on the Finishline shields I viewed.

·
Junior Charter Member
330 Posts
Heatshields

cobrastuff.com has great ones. I drove from Georgia to Detroit and I could touch them with my hand and not get burned.

It looks like finishline buys them from Him. Same pictures just more expensive.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
One more vote for Drummer Mike. He is easy to deal with, shipped the product with no issues with in delivery and the shields look great and work. My kids are so happy not getting burned anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts