Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mocking up side pipes. Stock 289, energy suspension mounts, j pipes. Any guidance on how close the pipes should be to the frame? I'm able to get both reasonably parallel with the chassis and level. I know final adjustments will be made after body is on. Not sure if I needed and breeze spacers. Doesn't look like I need shims.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Would not do any real fitting till the body is on. Just temporary support till the body is on.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
IDK Chewy looks good. Remember whatever you do

Do not forget to take the pipes off before you put the body on.

I did not. Lol

I had to put the body back down take the pipes off to get the body on.

·
Not a waxer
11,845 Posts
Looks like you’re way low Eugene. You’ll ultimately wind up with the bottom of the pipes 1-2” higher than the bottom of the 4” round tubes. Initial fitting and adjustments are done after the body is on but permanent adjustments won’t occur until the body is in it’s final position during the bodywork stage.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Can you tell if it's too close, too far, or can't really tell until you get the body on?
Hard to tell from the angle. Same with my picture. When you look straight across the bottom side to side all you want to see is the bottom of the 4" tubes. Anything hanging below is potential speed-bump kill. Even in this shot my oil pan will be further up as its not attached to the transmission now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't go any further until the body is on. From the last picture(the outdoor shot) they look WAY to low to me. Might just be the angle of the picture......How far off the ground are they in that picture?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't go any further until the body is on. From the last picture(the outdoor shot) they look WAY to low to me. Might just be the angle of the picture......How far off the ground are they in that picture?
yes, pipes will be moved up. final fitment once body is on. in the pic, the car is on jack stands, so distance from ground is not a good reference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts