Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to possibly change from the polished valve covers that came with my motor. I'd love to see what you guys have used in the way of a tall valve cover. Seeing it in the engine bay of a Cobra and set up for business really helps me determine if I would like it vs. just looking at catalog pics.

The engine is a 351W-based 408. Here is what's on it now:

Looking for something that doesn't show every smudge and tiny scratch quite as easily. Thanks in advance, everyone!

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
My 414W.

Reactions: silver_pilate

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: emac

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I like those a lot, Johnny. Where did you pick those up?

I'm leaning toward these right now; they're similar to what was on the 65-66 Shelby GT350s.

Thanks. I bought them from Ford Racing several years ago when the motor was rebuilt. They were part number M-6582-W427P (same as Buttinz1's but polished). They may be discontinued now but you may be able to find a set in the secondary market? Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking to possibly change from the polished valve covers that came with my motor. I'd love to see what you guys have used in the way of a tall valve cover. Seeing it in the engine bay of a Cobra and set up for business really helps me determine if I would like it vs. just looking at catalog pics.

Looking for something that doesn't show every smudge and tiny scratch quite as easily. Thanks in advance, everyone!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. Thanks, everyone. It's not a pressing decision, so I'm going to stew on it a bit before pulling the trigger. I appreciate the food for thought.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have run these on first two cars, same motor in both. Will run in the current car.
They cleared the shaft rockers.
Blue Thunder valve covers, logo machined by a friend.
Jim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts