Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001C5 recently posted some pics of his awesome garage.

I thought it would be fun if people rang in with some pics of their own "home away from home." Post a few pics and some commentary on your favorite features in your garage.

Here's my "nearly, but never will be complete" garage:

Detached and 100+' from the house so the wife will no longer complain about late night build noise:

Perimeter air connections and pull downs for air/light/110v in the middle:

Pegboard walls (middle 4') for organization. Bottom 4' of wall is OSB for durability and can be unscrewed to run additional circuits:

A VERY reasonably priced lift and 12' ceilings:

Future half bath so going to the house in dirty clothes isn't a problem (stairs go to poker room upstairs):

Rear door for mower:

Separate side for "yard stuff." Wire shelving units get stuff off the floor for easy cleanup:

[ March 20, 2007, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Sean Teague ]

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Nice! Search the 2006 archives, and you'll find several threads last year soliciting the same thing you are looking for.

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
Nice looking place! I wish I had the room to build a seperate garage for my project! :(

Nice Kirkham poster! I've got one of those for my garage! I just have to finish the walls, and find a proper place for it...

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Not quite finished, but getting there.

[ March 25, 2007, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Stinson Pilot ]

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by gbranham:
Nice! Search the 2006 archives, and you'll find several threads last year soliciting the same thing you are looking for.
Well last year my garage looked like this, so I was thinking maybe some others had some new playgrounds to show off

Speaking of playgrounds, I think I have my daughter and the neighbor's kid beat soundly! :D

Originally posted by gbranham:
Say, there's a distict LACK OF ROADSTER in that garage, but I see Factory 5 boxes. What gives?
At the proverbial paint shop. A buddy started it and I want to let him finish it but a few months has turned into over a year now... :(

I hate to take it elsewhere now as he's done the worst of it (seams, majority of the voids, rolling the edges around the cockpit, etc.) and I'd be letting someone else do the easy part and take all the credit for his hard work.

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TBirdNutt:
Nice Kirkham poster! I've got one of those for my garage! I just have to finish the walls, and find a proper place for it...
Got mine at the Charlotte Auto Fair last year. But it got a little damp as it was raining :(

My favorite picture is the little 8x10 next to the bathroom door in the 5th picture. It's an original B&W ad for the GT350 and Cobra cut out of a 1965 Playboy. I got it on eBay for $5 and doubted the authenticity but it has Playboy printed near the edge on the back and a review of Thunderball and Dr. Zhivago. (I guess it's true, Playboy isn't all about the pictures
)

You can get a lot of cool posters from http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/merchandise/posters.html

The one in the window sill in the second picture is from there. Still need to find a good spot for that one.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
The deck and the flagstone patio were concessions to the wife for killing her favorite trees to build the shop right there!
Small price to pay to keep the peace!!

·
Junior Charter Member
3,886 Posts
Stinson, what are the tiles? or whatever on your floor? Looks great guys. Y'all make me want to get out there and clean my shop!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My garage. Wood framed 30'X 24' all stick built by me and my friends. It was purpose built for the roadster assembly.

Favorite Feature: It's mine and I can keep it as messy or clean as I want.

The Wife's Feature: The 14'X 30' upstairs is hers, wood floored and wallpapered, and it must be as clean as they want

Other Benefits: It is a great place to work with your dad painting his 1967 Bronco. A great home for a 1965 Roadster. Its paid for already. It has a big stereo and it's 75' from the main house.

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by David Borden:
Here you go:
After 8 years of saving, I finally got my shop.
"Shop"? That's a factory David.

Looks awesome.

Originally posted by Bobasaurus:
Wood framed 30'X 24' all stick built by me and my friends.
That's impressive. I can get by at carpentry but I'd never tackle something that big... Unless I had some friends a lot smarter at it than me

·
Junior Charter Member
310 Posts
This is my first time posting pictures. Hope it works. Anyway here is my new garage with home office above.Please excuse the mess, I'm still organizing. The best thing is my commute has gone from 1/2 hour to 50'

IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/phikel/DSC00191.jpg[/IMG]

·
Junior Charter Member
310 Posts
The second pic of the inside didn't show here it is.
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Forbye4 I got the floor tiles through Sam's Club online. Very similar to the Racedeck tiles, but way cheaper.

Geeze, some of your shops make mine look like a garden shed!!

They all look great!

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by phikel:
Anyway here is my new garage with home office above.
Holy smokes! I thought you'd added a garage onto the house from the first pic. From the second one I can tell that what I thought was the house is actually the garage!

4 cars, a bike or two and still room to walk... I should have been thinking bigger with my garage

Originally posted by Jim_Miller:
Mine (and my house) looks somewhat like Sean's did a year ago.
Here it is 3 days ago.
Looks like you'll have one heck of a view though!

·
Ford Junkie
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, any of you guys have names for your garage?

Stamped in the concrete at the entry door:

I wrote it on a piece of paper, flipped it upside down and tacked it to a 2x10. I then cut an old PC power cord into pieces and tacked them onto the paper overlaying the letters. The pavers dropped it into the walkway for me. Lots of tapping to get the air out.

Although conceived late in the evening after quite a few
I think it will look pretty good when I brush some epoxy based paint into it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts