Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us have 79-93 Mustangs?? I hope that I am not the only one who likes them, and I have definitely noticed in the last few years that it is very rare to see out on the streets anymore. They used to be on every street corner.

So how about posting a story and a photo of your fox mustangs ???.........I'll start with mine:

84 20th anniversary GT350
Found in a salvage yard, and loaded onto a trailer with a forklift.
Completed in 2010, this is a clone, just like my FFR

1989 Saleen coupe
completed in 2012, this is also a clone

·
Not a waxer
11,549 Posts
Nice cars Derald!

My Fox story is quite a bit different. I bought this '89 GT in 2005:

Looks not too bad...until you get to the other side:

I found it on a salvage lot not far from me. I went and took a look, went for a drive and found that there were no issues other than the cosmetic ones then made a lowball offer and got it. Shortly after getting it home I started harvesting parts for my roadster. My buddy Al took the very clean interior and a few other bits for his Fox and I sold some other odds & ends such as the lights, switches, etc. through this forum. There wasn't a whole lot left by the time Aaron & I loaded it on my trailer one rainy Saturday and hauled it to the scrapyard (did you ever try to load an automobile carcass without wheels onto a flatbed?):

Funny how things change---10-15 years ago we'd look at a Fox body and say "Nice donor, I'd like to cut it up" and now we say "Nice Mustang, I'd like to fix it up"
:smile2:

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Have no pictures of mine, but it started out like Jeff's, from a salvage yard. It had an argument with a light pole, it lost. I stripped every part out of it, nothing but a metal shell when I was done. I still have the rear quarter windows and the factory sunroof if anyone needs them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
IMG_0633.jpg

86 GT owned since '87. Helped my wife (girlfriend at the time) buy it because she always wanted a Mustang. Over the years , underwent 2 engine rebuilds along with pretty much every major component along with Kenne Bell blower install, etc. Just sold recently to help fund my FF 33 build.

·
Charter Member
49 Posts
Not a Mustang, definitely a Fox!

This is my Fox (1981 Zephyr wagon) crossing the Daytona start/finish line a few years ago. It has a 557 and a full 2004 Terminator suspension along with roll cage etc.

When not on the track it goes to Home Depot and everywhere else.

Tom

Attachments

·
dreamer turned builder
1,063 Posts
This is my Fox (1981 Zephyr wagon) crossing the Daytona start/finish line a few years ago. It has a 557 and a full 2004 Terminator suspension along with roll cage etc.

When not on the track it goes to Home Depot and everywhere else.

Tom

Dude that is awesome! Got some engine pics? We had a Zephyr wagon back in the day, white with fake wood panel decals on the side. Red interior with an 8 track player. Good times.

·
dreamer turned builder
1,063 Posts
How many of us have 79-93 Mustangs?? I hope that I am not the only one who likes them, and I have definitely noticed in the last few years that it is very rare to see out on the streets anymore. They used to be on every street corner.

So how about posting a story and a photo of your fox mustangs ???.........I'll start with mine:

Derald, I can't see your pics for some reason. ?

·
OT Moderator
13,891 Posts
My buddy still has an original, non modified stock 1990 5.0 LX 5 Speed Vert, White with White and Red Interior that I sold him back in 1996 to fund a down payment on my first house. The car has sat in his garage for years now, and he's most likely going to sell it. I'm looking at buying it back, and getting it back on the road as a weekend car.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,158 Posts
Obviously I've had a few Mustangs in my life, but my Fox was my first and only new car purchase ever (don't count the new cars purchased for the wife that I sometimes drive!). This coming January 31, 2020 it will be 30 years old. I special ordered it with just the options I wanted. I originally placed an order for an '89 since I wanted the tilt-wheel, but the plant was down for the holidays and model changeover, so I ended up getting a '90 with the airbag.

I've been through a lot with it, including 28 years as a project car for our various print and online Mustang brands. It's seen several engine combinations, transmissions, brakes, suspension, and more as a product test bed and content source.

We're finally giving it the proper refurbishment through our "Week to Wicked" program (sort of like Overhaulin' where we build the car in a week, but we do the paint in advance) and the car just shipped to CA for the build week, which starts next Monday.

If you care to follow along we'll have end-of-day updates on Mustang-360.com and hotrod.com each day of the build, plus social posts and videos all week on Facebook and Instagram (just search the #weektowicked hashtag or follow Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords and Mustang Monthly pages)...

A couple of photos from over the years, from brand new through a few mods/changes to fresh out of the paint booth last month.

Mark

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
Here is mine 1984 1/2 GT350. My first car that I purchase on my own @ 18yrs old.
GT350.jpg

·
Charter Member
6,120 Posts
I had an 1985 black 5.0 GT, T-tops, gray center stripe back in 1992. I traded straight up for my 1979 CJ7 with a 304 v8, 31" mud tires, lift etc etc. We thought they were both worth about $4500 at the time. I'll try to dig up a picture.

My donor for the cobra came in on a pallet. A lot of guys back in early 2000 did that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts