Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pick an old-fashioned 3-position "pull-type" (off-parking-headlight) switch with a built-in rheostat to work with my Autometer Vintage gauges.

Please show and tell me what you used...

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
I haven't installed it yet but I have the one from FF. It has the looka nd feel of a quality part. It's also original styled in that the handle is released by a pushbutton on the back of the switch. The last time I used one of the It's a snap switches. It worked ok but the attaching nut was plastic and soon stripped out.

·
2,746 Posts
Sorry I don't have a better pic of just the HD light switch, I can take one for you if that would be of help.

I used the pull switch that came with my AAW harness, which I bought new from another forum member, but I believe is what FFR was selling last year when I ordered my MKIII. The knob is aluminum and came from Radio Shack. HD light switch is the one to the left of the tach in this pic. My switch is just like the one pictured in the above post, I agree it seems like a quality part. At least as good as OEM switches I've worked with.

HTH

Chris.

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts

FFR's pull switch installed in a Tri-state SC dash, Classic Intruments guages and I-squared wiring. I'm not able to use the built in rheostatwith the I-squared. Real nice part.

Pat

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pat,
Why did you use for the indicator LEDs with your I**2 system?
Sherrell

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Sherrell,

I used switches from a 66 mustang (got new ones on line) for the headlights, wipers, and ignition switch. Attached is the best picture I have, but you get the idea.

These switches have chrome plated bezels, with engraved black lettering on them. They look great, work very well, and give the dash and car a great period look. They went on with little modification, although it did take some research and sweat to figure them out.

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by Sherrell:
Pat,
Why did you use for the indicator LEDs with your I**2 system?
Sherrell
Mine are not hooked up yet but Chris from I-squared gave me a Radio Shack LED part # 276069. Says to cut the back out of the 12v light to wire in LED. Getting close to trying it.

Pat

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
I used the FFR/AAW switch in a small custom plate bracket on the frame. I didn't want the headlight switch on the dash...

The toggle is our hazard switch. I too am using the '65-'66 Mustang bezel for lights, wiper (on dash), and the Mustang ignition switch...

HTH...
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts