Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my heater box..need some ideals for outlets...plan to put 4 outlets..1 drive..1 pass..2 in the center..

les

·
Junior Charter Member
148 Posts
I made a panel to close off below the dash. Aluminum with cork on inside for insulation and sound deadening. Stuck two round vents from home depot through the panel facing down at the floor. These are the vents used in closed pilars and stuff around the home. Plastic and paintable.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Sound deadening? Even in space you can hear this scream....
Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
1,300 Posts
I have just two ajustable Ball vents. That combined with the seat heaters I'm hoping will be adequate.

·
2,746 Posts
Perfect timing, here is a link to my post from the weekend.

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/085797.html

As it happens, I hooked the blower up to a battery tonight and ran it. Adequate air flow, but I may put in two more vents since it would be easy to do now. And as Steve said, it's plenty loud, although I doubt I'll be able to hear it over the exaust.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I capped both ends of the cross member below the dash and used it to channel the defrost to the driver's side and the heat dumps out behind the glove box. I had an extra register from when I restored my 442 and installed it in the cross member. So, when my wife is with me I can keep her warm by giving her all the heat or, when I am by myself, I can have all the heat by using the defrost.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.