Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a little and could not come with anything good... topic says it all ! I'm looking for mounthing pros/cons. What types of cameras guys are using? I have a decentt Sony and I was thinking of some sort of roll bar install.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
The small Sony Camcorder on a rollbar setup has worked for many. But any speed over 35mph will pick up so much wind sound. I would rather just never upload or view a video like that with sound. It's just annoying.

You can purchase small microphones and route them to some spot inside the car with less wind.

I purchased Chasecam set up from www.chasecam.com

Check my video archives.

-Kouros

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I use one from I/O. It's mounted to the roll bar. I use a Samsung SC453. We use two cameras, one mounted on the roll bar and one used by my co-pilot. Here is a sample.

The roll bar mount is connected to a stereo mike wrapped in a towel in the trunk so that it is out of the wind.

Roger

·
Charter Member
312 Posts
Kouros,

The video archives are your web site are not currently working?

Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Bob,

can you explain what you've got there. i'd like to do exactly the same if i could.

i just did a google search and couldn't find it.

thanks!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,056 Posts
The ball head is very common in photography. If I remember correctly this is the micro ball head. They also have a mini. If you can't find bogan, look for manfrotto, I think they bought bogan. Or just go to a pro photo shop.

About the mount. It s a strip of soft steel about 3/4 inch. I don't remember the thickness. You just cut it to size, de-burr it, bend a 90 on one end, drill it and then coat it with black rubberizer stuff. You could also just paint it. To cut down on vibration I've also included a barely visible piece of rubber which I cut from a flat bottle opener pad. You then just need a short fastner that screws into the ball head and a lock washer. Hope this helps. bob

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
mx,
I use the IO Port mount in my race car. It's the same one that Roger (Turkey Master) has a link to. It's a very solid and flexible mounting system. Can hold a camera up to a couple of pounds. Bob Lennon's looks OK too but may not space a larger camera far enough from the roll bar.
Regards,
Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts