Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a discussion on two modifications that I would like input on. The first is the "Butt Drop" tank mod. What is the benifit of this and is it needed on a Mark 3? (I dont know when the mk 3 started production) The next is the larger footbox area mod. Why are people modifiying these? I have looked in the search area but have not found out why these mods are being done.

·
Newbie...
86 Posts
Hi Marv,

I am no expert because I havn't got my own FFR yet but I have been doing a lot of research and checking out FFRs here in the UK. From what I have seen / read the footbox mod is to give you more foot room (you can do this for both the passenger and drivers footbox if you wish) and the drop butt mod is done by people who want to make the FFR look more like the original which had a slightly lower back end (the FFR is known by some as having a "perky butt"....some people love it, some don't, thus the drop butt mod). Personally I love the look of the FFR and wouldn't bother...each to his own!

Have fun!

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,999 Posts
Marv,

Foot box mod extending the side out a little next to the gas pedal is nice.

Like Cobradude said, drop butt looks more like the orginal. I too like the perky butt. Just depends on your taste and how much time/money you want to spend on the mods.

Greg

·
Junior Charter Member
5,413 Posts
The foot boxes were narrowed in the MKIII in order to accomadate the 4.6L DOHC engine. If you not using this engine you can expand the footboxes. The foot boxes are pretty tight even after adding the extra space. Also this mod allows you to sit a little straighter. ffmetal has a good kit.
The drop but mod also has the effect of hiding the gas tank which can be seen otherwise.
HTH
Chris

·
Junior Charter Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good information,I apprecieate it.

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Do the footbox mod........leave her heiny alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts