Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing over-riders in the place of the quick jacks, but I have no problem with the quick jacks either. I'm thinking the over-riders might just look a bit more finished, though I like the historical aspect of the quick jacks.

What do you guys think?

·
Junior Charter Member
579 Posts
I like my overriders, I agree it makes the car look more finished and less like a racecar.
Also since you can’t lift the car by the quick jacks they’re just for show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,152 Posts
Mine is naked, though my front end has custom plates to mount the spoiler, and the rear has a simple aluminum block to secure the body. Took off the QJ's after too many bruises,and they are just ornamental anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
IMO,the overirders look out of proportion to the lines of the car.

They remind me of some european cars that were mandated to have the rubber baby buggy bumpers in order to pass safety standard.

If the overriders were the size of the quick jacks,they would have more appeal to me.

Neither option has any safety factor at all.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,876 Posts
You can't go wrong either way. All three setups (quick jacks, overriders, or nudge bars), plus a few other things are historically correct.

The quick jacks look the most racecar looking, but are shin busters. Plus I am not a fan of non functional things on a car. Hmmmm, I guess quick jacks on an FFR are RICE. (Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement). It would be really cool if they were functional.

Overriders only - not my favorite look, but knocks down the shin dents.

Nudge bars / hoops / bumpers. A lot of the race cars ran these in all different shapes, including one like we think of on the rear on the front (not pretty). I also think they add the most finished and expensive look to the car. They also do add a little protection, from a parking nudge. I would rather bend one of these then crack the body. I have actually seen a couple paint scratches that these would have prevented.

Guess which one I have?

·
Junior Charter Member
2,876 Posts
You can't go wrong either way. All three setups (quick jacks, overriders, or nudge bars), plus a few other things are historically correct.

The quick jacks look the most racecar looking, but are shin busters. Plus I am not a fan of non functional things on a car. Hmmmm, I guess quick jacks on an FFR are RICE. (Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement). It would be really cool if they were functional.

Overriders only - not my favorite look, but knocks down the shin dents.

Nudge bars / hoops / bumpers. A lot of the race cars ran these in all different shapes, including one like we think of on the rear on the front (not pretty). I also think they add the most finished and expensive look to the car. They also do add a little protection, from a parking nudge. I would rather bend one of these then crack the body. I have actually seen a couple paint scratches that these would have prevented.

Guess which one I have?

·
Junior Charter Member
579 Posts

Looks good from this angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Charter Member
534 Posts
I think the overriders give a more finished look. I like mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the over riders on the front and back with both nudge bars. Got rid of the FFR supplied rubber washers with split tubes and have the 3/4 in diameter gromments from Finishline. Did the 3/4 in stainless tubing mod.

·
Actual builder now!
1,468 Posts
Either is fine. I only have the quick jacks and might miss scratching my head on them while trying to position the floor jack under the car... or maybe I wouldn't miss that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I’m for the nudge bars and overrider, but I build mine as a street car without a hood scoop and roll bar, so it was part of the look.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,287 Posts
10+ years ago I kept running my shins into the quick jacks so I tried to remember to hang an old pair of shoes on them when home. Of course I didn't always remember. Then one day I had the car on stands, slid out from under the front, sat up and center punched my forehead w/ the quick jack. Hit hard enough all I could do was lie back down for a couple minutes. Once I got up, and stopped the trickle, I changed tasks. The quick jacks came off the car. When I finally had it painted I had the holes covered. I agree w/ those above who said do whatever YOU like best.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just like Redfish, I opted for no over riders or quick jacks. I like the plain clean look...totally agree with CraigS...to paraphrase "whatever blows your hair back". And this car certainly does that...for those of us who have hair left! Happy Holidays to all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts