Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am looking for recommendations for shorty headers for 2002 4.6 SOHC. I need to run cats, so shorty headers with catted J pipes are my only option. I tried BBK Equal Length Shorty Headers last year, but when I swapped them side to side and turned them around, they would not install as one side was hitting on the motor mount. Anyone have some that they have installed on a 4.6 SOHC and they know that they fit?

Thanks.

Wade

·
Registered
622 Posts
I’ve got the BBK Coyote 5.0L/4.6L 3V ceramic coated shorty headers (#33920) and Straight-pipes (#15442). The J-pipes are not catted though. Are those the headers you’re looking for? Both are new and never installed. Supplied by Factory Five, the headers are only available when you order a kit and cannot be ordered on FactoryFiveParts.com. FFR‘s price was $798.99. I have them listed for $380. LMK if you’re interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve got the BBK Coyote 5.0L/4.6L 3V ceramic coated shorty headers (#33920) and Straight-pipes (#15442). The J-pipes are not catted though. Are those the headers you’re looking for? Both are new and never installed. Supplied by Factory Five, the headers are only available when you order a kit and cannot be ordered on FactoryFiveParts.com. FFR‘s price was $798.99. I have them listed for $380. LMK if you’re interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gonna check them out once we took the Mustang 4.6 project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Long tube headers will make more power all across the RPM range, They are simply better at scavenging the exhaust. Yes you can still use Catalytic converters to keep it legal, and depending on the year they will actually help your low end torque. If money is an issue check out BBK there set is decent and still budget friendly.
Shorty headers are in my opinion a waste of time, I have done dyno comparisons in the past and found the power to cost ratio way off. Yes they can give you some power BUT on your year car the factory manifold is basically a shorty header already. I doubt you would see even 5hp gain.
I have worked on and around Mustangs for 15 years, I don't know everything but I have seen quite a bit.

Kodi nox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts