Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an IRS car with Cobra disck brakes and am in the process of mounting my e-brake to the tranny tunnel.
How much do I need to shorten my e-brake cables to make this mod work? and how should I go about shortening the cables? what are my options?

Post pics and give advice please
TIA

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I would use the Lokar cables. With some small bracket fabrications you might be able to use them with the donor handle. I have the Lokar handle and cables mounted on the tranny tunnel. That is the best way to go I think. If you want to shorted the FFR supplied cables you can cut them and get new ends crimped on. I've heard places like Tractor Supply Co have a press for crimping them on. Marine supply stored often have them too.
Raul

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
I have a solution using cable clamps on my site below. Check the bottom of Photolog 6 and the top of Photolog 7 for pics. I also made a lever to improve the ease of pulling the by a factor of 2:1. Good luck,
Paul

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Shhhh Ron,
I wasn't going to tell her!
But man, you have Aunt Dorine pegged. 85 years old but she's the energizer bunny of the family. Was a Rosie The Riveter and then she and Uncle Leroy had a motorcycle shop. BMW's way before they were really popular. Uncle Leroy's gone now but Aunt Dorine's made the shop into a museum. They have a WWII motorcycle with sidecar. Grandpa Hamilton's Knee-fork Bimmer with side car too. Grandma refused to ride in the sidehack but they'd put their luggage in there when they'd go on tours.
Auntie's a neat lady but man, she wears me out.

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts