Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of collecting parts and found an 8.8 at a really good price. The only issue is I need to ship it across the country. Does anyone know what one weighs and is there a carrier that will do it without killing me on truck freight to a private residence?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Forward air terminal pick up is very reasonable. American freighters in FL is a national clearing house for shipping. I shipped a transaxle from a Corvette, 250 lbs to the guys door for about 250 bucks. If he had been willing to do the terminal pick up it would have been 100. From Kansas city to Arizona. The other option is to call Stewart and put it on the slow boat. Given enough of a time window I have found them to be very reasonable. Besides they will deliver your car so why not start on the right foot. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.

·
5,042 Posts
Originally posted by Vegas:
The rear end weighs about 125 pounds. Kenny
Not so; more like 225 LBS. How do I know? I can bench press my wife by her rear end but not this rear end !!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,639 Posts
Originally posted by 2savage:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vegas:
Not so; more like 225 LBS. How do I know? I can bench press my wife by her rear end but not this rear end !!
</font>[/QUOTE]Thats a good thing...right?....LOL :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...

Richard...I never thought about Stewart. I am in no hurry for the rear (don't have the kit yet) so I will drop them a line.

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Originally posted by 2savage:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vegas:
</font>[/QUOTE]I'm trying to visualise this and thiking it would be more like curls than bench press :D

Mike

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Do what you can to get the shipper to pack it well. Mine arrived from Ford Racing half-in and half-out of the box with some minor damage. Nothing that couldn't be fixed. It was probably moved/slid around 100 times while in transit but before it arrived here. It's heavy and awakward to handle. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts