Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a GT-40 upper on ebay for a decent price. What is the best way to ship it? I imagine insurance is a good idea.

Secondly, the seller did not want to send it to Canada, which poses a bit of a problem as - here I am. Would anyone be so kind to let me bounce it to your address, then re-route it to mine?

Are there any Canadians out there with shipping/border crossing experience?

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I sent a pair of donor exhaust manifolds to a guy in Canada earlier this year.
In the paperwork he told me to put that I was shipping used auto parts, that were a gift, for personal use, not for resale.
I think thats everything. He had no trouble with customs.
If you change the title of your post to something like "Need help shipping parts to Canada", I bet some of the other guys north of the border will speak up.
RR

·
Charter Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to get my post count up or anything like that. I got an address where the seller is sending from:

LAKE IN THE HILLS IL 60156

Pardon my ignorance with this. This is the name of the city?

Geoff

·
So Senior, I can't Re-
567 Posts
You might want to give Bob Wheaton a call or email at www.cobramotorsports.ca

He is a FFR dealer in Welland ontario but he may be able to give you some ideas about what's involved. He has actually sold FFR's to Americans via his Ontario company so I figure he may have a view on how the border stuff works.

My own experience is with importing manufacturing equipment from the US and all i can say is that you better have the right description on the paperwork so that the mentally impaired types we have running our customs service don't get confused.

·
Charter Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I understood the State and Zip, but just wanted to make sure of the City. Cool name.

Geoff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts