Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official OLD GUY
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for a friend:

What should the approximate price be for a completed car to be shipped from Las Vegas, Nevada to Palm Harbor, Florida? Any recommendation as to shippers that will handle these cars carefully?

Doc

·
Not a waxer
11,850 Posts
The shipper who has transported several cars to and or from me runs about $1.10-1.20 per mile plus or minus a little depending on the route and current fuel costs. This is dealing directly with the owner/operator and not working through a broker. They do a great job with good communication and are very careful with the cars...unfortunately they don't travel much farther west than Texas so won't be able to help your friend. Be cautious when booking through a broker; they put it out to multiple carriers and take the lowest cost provider because that puts more money in the broker's pocket. I think we all know what kind of service you usually get from a low cost provider

Jeff

·
Registered
494 Posts
I used Intercity when I shipped my car to Jeff M for paint. It was the least expensive car on the car hauler. As for cost not sure what their rates are now. Pay the money for a reputable company you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The shipper who has transported several cars to and or from me runs about $1.10-1.20 per mile plus or minus a little depending on the route and current fuel costs. This is dealing directly with the owner/operator and not working through a broker. They do a great job with good communication and are very careful with the cars...unfortunately they don't travel much farther west than Texas so won't be able to help your friend. Be cautious when booking through a broker; they put it out to multiple carriers and take the lowest cost provider because that puts more money in the broker's pocket. I think we all know what kind of service you usually get from a low cost provider

Jeff
I've used this shipper three times. Excellent care and service. A mom and pop operation thats top notch.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can get a quote online from Reliable. They shipped my painted car from CA to TX. Its a lot of miles, so don't be surprised at some sticker shock. It was $1500+- when I shipped to TX, though fuel prices are down a good bit now.

·
347 Posts
I used Passport to ship my coupe racecar from Michigan to Nevada. It cost about $2,000. I was very happy with their service. They were very accommodating and nice over the phone, unlike Reliable who had an attitude. So I would not work with Reliable.

am VERY picky about my car. I needed it to be picked up at my house in Michigan although I was in Nevada at the time. Passport was 100% accommodating with this and worked with me and my local auto shop to make this happen in a way I was comfortable with. Reliable refused to accommodate me and told me that if I wanted to use them I’d have to drive the car to their warehouse an leave it there until they could ship it. Forget that.

On the back end, the Passport drivers were absolutely great. It happened to snow the day they arrived in Nevso they waited till the next day, then helped me change the drop off to a custom shop in the valley where it was free of snow.

I strongly recommend Passport. Talk to Christine and mention Sam.
417-588-4927

1 - 6 of 6 Posts