Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Charter Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about upgrading the shifter of the T-5 tranny on my FFR. It can be VERY difficult to find third gear when you're in a hurry. I'm after a good shifter that hits all the gears (especially 3rd) and can still use the FFR vintage looking shift setup.

Looking around I see about six different aftermarket shifters in the marketplace. They all appear to have the adjustable stops to prevent fork damage:

Pro 5.0 for approx $175.
B&M Ripper for approx $160.
MAC Racers Edge for approx $140.
Steeda Tri-Ax for approx $175.
Blue Thunder NS Shifter for approx $125.
Hurst billit.

What are your experiences/recommendations for T-5 shiftersin an FFR?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
510 Posts
I have a Pro 5.0 in my FFR, and I like it. I had a Hurst in one of my Mustangs, and I liked it more.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
I have the hurst really like it. only problem with the FFR shift handle is it needs to be mounted on the passenger side of the shifter otherwise you pop out of first. No problem though and unnoticable once the boot is on.

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
I had Hurst/Saleen shifter in my last two Mustangs. Very cost effective. I think that they cost me less than $110. Just my .02 cents. Tim :D

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
The MAC is junk ( or so I've heard ) and the others are reportedly quite good. Check out www.stangnet.com for parts reviews to hear what other guys think about the shifters. I have a Pro 5.0 and think it's great, but I've heard the Steeda is latest and greatest available. I would bet the Hurst or B&M are also well constructed.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,600 Posts
PRO 5.0, the best way to go. IMHO. Jumps to the next gear and makes it seem like I actually know what I'm doing in such a fast car!

Thanks,
Ron FFR1738
P.S. Broke the HURST!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts