Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

Whats a good black leather shift boot that fits these forward angled shifters? Hoping someone has a go to as that rubber one looks funny to me.

Thanks
Duncan

·
Senior Charter Member
534 Posts
I would highly recommend Mike Eversons shift boot. It is well made and looks great:

Replicaparts Home Page
Shifter Boot

I made my own with marine grade vinyl and it was okay. Mikes is much nicer and I switched to his this summer.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,160 Posts
Kept the FFR supplied accordian boot on mine as a weather seal and used Mike's boot over it. Looks nice and shifts fine...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
567 Posts
Try FFR

Factory five sells a really nice boot for the '33 that works well in the roadster.... I picked one up when I was last there and it has been on my car ever since. It's simulated leather.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Kept the FFR supplied accordian boot on mine as a weather seal and used Mike's boot over it. Looks nice and shifts fine...

HTH...
Mark
FYI, I had problems with the FFR accordian boot on my T-5 because it popped out of gear sometimes. See the thread

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/634854-t5-rubber-shift-boot-part-number.html

So I went with Mike Everson's shift boot. No popping out of gear since then, and it looks much better than the FFR boot. :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the leather shift boot from Redlinegoods. Made especially for the Mk IV and came be customize to your specific needs. I have the 4 panel layout with quadruple thread. Not cheap but really adds a nice touch of class.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,853 Posts
I used one from a Sunbeam Tiger parts place. It looks the same, but is softer.

You think Cobra parts look funny on a Cobra?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You think Cobra parts look funny on a Cobra?[/QUOTE]

haha, no doubt. The rubber one wasn't doing it for me as a centerpiece of the interior.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I hate this site.....That's another $30+ shipping gone from the bank. :crying2:

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,160 Posts
FYI, I had problems with the FFR accordian boot on my T-5 because it popped out of gear sometimes. See the thread

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/634854-t5-rubber-shift-boot-part-number.html

So I went with Mike Everson's shift boot. No popping out of gear since then, and it looks much better than the FFR boot. :thumbup:
A good way to ensure the rubber boot won't pull you out of gear is to not install it until the trans is in place and center the boot over the shift lever and NOT the cut hole in the aluminum. I've never had the boot pull the shifter out of gear on ours.

Mark

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
$30 sent in, quick delivery & easy install. Waiting for the next thread that will empty my wallet. At least it was cheaper then the shift knob. >:)

Note, left the rubber boot in place & just installed Mikes over it.

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
I have the leather shift boot from Redlinegoods. Made especially for the Mk IV and came be customize to your specific needs. I have the 4 panel layout with quadruple thread. Not cheap but really adds a nice touch of class.
I did the Redline Goods boot as well. (I left the rubber boot under it for add'l insulation)

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
$30 sent in, quick delivery & easy install. Waiting for the next thread that will empty my wallet. At least it was cheaper then the shift knob. >:)

Looks great Kevin! I like the idea of leaving the rubber boot in place like you and Boat did. I think I will do likewise when I get to that point.

Hope the car is still running well Kevin; she still looks great!

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
861 Posts
I did the Redline Goods boot as well. (I left the rubber boot under it for add'l insulation)
I want that shifter knob. It's that on a tremec? Where did you get it? I saw it once before now I can't find it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts

Looks great Kevin! I like the idea of leaving the rubber boot in place like you and Boat did. I think I will do likewise when I get to that point.

Hope the car is still running well Kevin; she still looks great!

Regards,

Steve
Hi Steve,

Mikes boot is a good fit to the FFR trim ring. Has enough material so it does not bind the shifter when placed over the rubber boot.

The COYOTE has been solid. Turn the key & drive. Easy to tune, very quick. Went down twice since I had it once a bad part & one self inflicted.

Lost the fuel pump early on. Replaced it with a T-Rex which has been very reliable & nice benefit quiet.

Starter bolts backed out leaving me with a spinning pinion gear not engaging the flywheel. Ride of shame home. Reset the bolts with some blue thread sealer & it seems to have held up.

Used pretty much as a DD going on 10,000 miles.

·
Well Used Member
220 Posts
I want that shifter knob. It's that on a tremec? Where did you get it? I saw it once before now I can't find it.
Got it at Speeddawg.com. They have anything you want. Not cheap though, and most of the stuff is not normally stocked, so lead time is 5-6 weeks, but the selection is huge. Tons of designs and colors.

That knob is on the Finishline 427 retro shifter, on the TKO600.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
There are two flavors. FFR stick & 427 T lock-out stick. The thread size on the two sticks are different.

Mine is a 427 so its bought directly from the manufacturer & is 100% custom. Size, color, logos, shift patterns etc.

The FFR stick version is made by the same company & Breeze sells them ready made. Breeze will have a better price then the custom ones.

·
Registered
861 Posts
There are two flavors. FFR stick & 427 T lock-out stick. The thread size on the two sticks are different.

Mine is a 427 so its bought directly from the manufacturer & is 100% custom. Size, color, logos, shift patterns etc.

The FFR stick version is made by the same company & Breeze sells them ready made. Breeze will have a better price then the custom ones.
Awesome thank you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts