Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew, just got in. So...Does anyone else think that the shifter ball that comes with the kit is pretty lame - low quality? It is small and has that ugly mold seam. I tried to buy a white ball at Seco Performance but the threaded hole was too big.

Where can we get a nicer shifter ball/handle? What size are those threads?

·
3,211 Posts
I got a beautiful billet knob from Prodigy Design. Has the FFR logo on the top.

·
Charter Member
6,152 Posts
I have a hurst shift handle with a built in NOS switch from Summit. Its polished aluminum and has adapters for differnet thread sizes.

·
Non-whiner
10,646 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys. I just ordered the Plain-Ivory from Flameball.

·
Premium Member
17,839 Posts
I bought two sets of adapter fittings trying to get my aftermarket ball to fit the FFR shifter. Nothing seemed to fit right. So I took one of the fittings that was close, and forced it on with some JB Weld. Extremly secure.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I didn't like the plain black ball either so I bought a Hurst white ball w/4 speed pattern as they didn't have a 5 speed pattern in 3/8 -24.
I like the way it looks, it only cost $25 and it isn't like I'm going to forget what shift pattern I really have.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Aloha Everyone!
Although this is a site for GM cars, (I.E. Firebird,Camaro's.etc..) they have some really nice Billet Anodized Shifter Knobs....they come with several threaded inserts for diffrent shifter threads. Check them out:

http://www.mbaproducts.com/
Have a good one!
Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts