Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Experts - Where can I find a shift knob adapter that threads onto a 3/8"-24 stick and into a 12-1.75 knob?

Roy from Springboro

·
Charter Member
2,034 Posts
Roy,

I had to adapt a 427 w/lockout style shifter to a knob that had a shift pattern. I believe the shifter was 3/8 24 but I am not 100% sure what the knob size was. I think I did it in "two steps". I believe I may have gone from 3/8 24 to 1/2" 20 using a threaded insert on the shifter and then something to convert the knob from it's size to 1/2 20 if that makes any sense. I beleive I got the parts from McMasterCarr. The car is covered but I can take a closer look on Thurs and possibly find receipts if you would like some more info. Just let me know.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was on McMaster-Carr's site earlier and did not have any luck. Maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Would like to use the knob that has the 12-1.75 Metric threads as my grand daughter gave it to me. My FF shifter has the 3/8"-24 threads.

Roy from Springboro

·
Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Push comes to shuv you could buy a bolt with the 12mm thread drill and tap to the 3/8, cut to length and your done. Least wise thats the way I'd do it. There are some knobs that come with different size adapters but I don't know as I've ever seen them sold seperate.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
OK Experts - Where can I find a shift knob adapter that threads onto a 3/8"-24 stick and into a 12-1.75 knob?

Roy from Springboro
my shifter knob came with 2 threads it would thread over the other if the knob was a different size. came with my b&m hammer-head knob.

·
Charter Member
2,034 Posts
Roy,

After taking a closer look at my current setup and purchase orders, I purchased McMaster part #94165a455 which must have been to adapt my 1/2-20 Finishline shift ball to the orig FFR shift handle which was 3/8-24. I have since replaced the orig shift handle with 427 lockout handle from Finishline which now are both 1/2-20.

I also dont see anything on the McMaster site with the sizes you are looking for.

So, not exactly as I thought or sizes that you need but maybe this will help in some way if you dont have what you need from others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.