Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a glove box, so far I found
one from Cobra Accessories and Mike Hall's.
I think Shell Valley also has one..
Does it fit an FFR?
Anyone have pictures/dimensions?
Thanks, Kurt

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
The Shell Vally fits. You can see pictures here: http://www.ffcars.com/eleven.html

The box part is real nice, the door is not great and needs work. I also see that Finishline has a new box that fits and is easier to install. But it is not the exact shape of an orginal.

- Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
So you guys would take the Finish line box if it was shaped right. I thought everyone wanted a box that did not have exsposed plastic? everyone let me know what you want. I can build another mold and make both but I need to know what everyone wants.

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
337 Posts
SC, I want your box. It's much cleaner than FL. I'm sure it will be worth it for you to produce them and us to buy.

When they are ready let us know where to send the check.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
Supercharged,
I like what you've got right now. When you produce a few put me in line to order. I just purchased my kit so I'm not an ideal person to test for you, but in 4-5 months I'll be ready.

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just want everyone to know that the covered glove box door is HARD to cover. WEll its not hard but its hard to make it look good. This is the only thing that would make the Finsh line box easier to install. I Still need to find a good plastic suplier to get plastic. I got some plastic from McMaster but it cost a good bit for what I got. I might have about 4 kits finished this week.

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have not come up with a glove box for a ffr with a heater. I will need to see a car with the heater and take some messurements to start work on one.

Mike

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Supercharged - when you get ready to sell these puppy's, you should write an article for FFCars's online magazine on how to install it, why you developed it, etc. You can give us tips and tricks on covering the door, etc... It would be something that everyone would like to read. I know I would. I'm so unhappy with my Shell Valley because the door and hinge stinks that I may redo a whole dash just to get your kit.

- Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bill, Im not a good writer but I will try. that is the only problem I have with making something like this. I know how to do it myself but im not good at telling others how to do it. I got lucky with this though. it will be easy to install when you take your time. By the way could you tell me alittle more about the shell vally glove box door problems. I sure dont want anyone to have problems with the one Im making so any info will be great. Also some pics of the problem would be good.

Thanks
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts