Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yeah, and its a non matching number car... notice the original 428 has been replaced with the 427, so what is worth more.... to a true collector it is a match on all parts that brings the bucks.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Dal Mor,
You got it, the car was ordered for a dealer in CT as a demo and came with a 428. The "buyers/lookloos" drove the heck out of it and the first buyer did also, putting the majority of the miles on it, spinning the bearings on non Rotunda Oil, so no warranty there. In those day's it was time for a 427, was a typical replacement.
It's kinda funny every time I see the 427 notation, remembering it was a 425 cu in engine, and the 428 was actually a 427 cu in engine. Marketing gimmick.
grumpy

·
Senior Charter Member
1,724 Posts
It has been on for a while. Nobody wants a street version without the original engine be it 428/427.

JQ

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Good points guys. Nice pics of the dash execution on a street car.

Grumpy, Lots of Ford displacement numbers are a little off. The 5.0 is really 4.9. Both 351's are really 352's, as is the 352. The 400m is a 402

·
Junior Charter Member
316 Posts
I'm not very good with the computer thing just yet,why do some posts,like this, one seem to require a monitor that is 3.5 ft wide.A little help here fellas please.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
I am about to pull the trigger on this deal. I just don't have a place to park it. If I could find someone with some garage space, Someone who could put a couple of miles on it each month, you know warm up the fluids and keep the rubber soft.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Joe, you got a deal. :D

Larry, interesting observation. Most of the street cars came with the 'Sunburst' wheels instead of the 6 spoke style didn't they?
At any rate, that is one sweet car. Does anyone here have details on the construction of the grill 'splitter' or how they attach?

·
Premium Member
16,328 Posts
Badger,
Larry's picture was high resolution (not complaining, it is a nice pic) and since it is shown at it's actual size (in terms of pixels which is the number of dots in the picture as well as your screen or printer). If your monitor is set to 800 x 600 pixels and someone posts a pic that is larger in width than that (or in the case of this forum it can be slightly smaller since the persons name and avitar show up to the left of it) it will force everything to go of the right of the screen.

Hope that made sense!
Cheers, Rod

·
Premium Member
18,448 Posts
It was copied from the e-bay ref site. Posted wide; hi-res pics always make a car look nice. I forgot that if one changes his "display settings" res, then the hi-res fit better.

Mike D
I think you might be right about steet cars had the StarBurst rims. Not sure all, though.

You figured out under-car exhaust yet?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Gave up on the undercar stuff, got the 4into4s instead. Undercar looked like too much hassle, plus I'm doing the car so that if I sell it later it can easily be converted to SC specs. Adding the roll bar and scoop would only require cutting some holes and adding some rivets, but changing the exhaust would be tough.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The eBay add says that the reserve has been met. Someone is aout to own one sweeeet looking CSX. Just a little too pricey for my bank account.

Allan

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
It was a tough decision, but thanks to MikeD's generous offer I was able to make it happen.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe:
Now what are you going to do with the rest of the lottery winnings? Hope that you will bring the CSX to DVSF IV. You can be the official Parade Marshall.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
D.P.

[ April 25, 2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: SloW8 ]

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
WooHoo!

WooHoo!

:D

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,170 Posts
Did you guys see the sticker on the back?

'CH' stands for Zwitzerland. Those are the old stickers every car had to have in Europe back before the late '90s.

So, I would guess it has been imported from there.

·
7,134 Posts
Dalmor

The 427's did not have matching Engine / Chassis numbers. This was only true on the 289 cars and does increase value tremendously on these.

Of course knowing that the engine is not the 0riginal does make a difference here, but they were never matching to start anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts