Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receved an email from AC international the other day. Attached was a .pdf file. It was an ad that stated, Shelby and AC Cars ltd. are back together building cars.
If anyone would like me to forward a copy to you, email me. Maube some one could host the .pdf file.
[email protected]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts

·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can tell, I don't hang around the Shelby sites much. Same theme but not the same as what i got from AC.

·
4,494 Posts
Shelby continues to try and find something he can put in press releases to convince unsuspecting buyers that his promised and regularly "delayed" new Cobras are a reality. Sort of like the old George Bush's past regular claims that there will be "no new taxes". If you tell it long and often enough, some will believe you.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
You mean, "Read my lips, no new Cobras" isn't true? :D

Who really cares what he's doing anymore?

The new "NEW" cobra from Ford is an ugly POS.

About the only new, cool product that I see with his name associated with it is the new Mustang.

·
Junior Charter Member
62 Posts
Are we talking about the "new" series of cobra? With the fiberglass body (or optional aluminum body?) that starts around 40k?
If so I may be wrong, and hate to disagree with everyone here, but i have seen one or two of them!
I am under the impression that they actually do exist!

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Wurf was refering to the new Ford-made Cobra (Daisy) Not Shelby's SA-built 'glass' cars they ran the 39K ads for last year. I don't think any of those have yet to be delivered.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Nobody will know which is which. The $39,995 Fiberglass Cobras are CSX4XXX for the 427 S/C, they also offer a alum. body version. These are coming from South Africa as a roller, they are being delivered but production has been slow. They also offer a 289 S/R variant.

NOW with Shelby and AC back again, they are making yet another. The 427 S/C will be all Alum. and numbered CSX1XXX and a 289 FIA verison. Cost will be double what you can get from S.A. currently.

To me its still not an ORIGINAL which they only made 32 of the 427 S/C's. The 4000 series were called the "continuation series". Not sure what Other name they will come up with!

Mine looks like one, acts like one, doesn't cost like one...

JQ

·
3,760 Posts
I was just reading a Cobra archives book this week. In it, Ol' Shel, discussing manufacturing efficiencies, states, "It allows twice the production in half the time."

Right.

Now if he could only learn how to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Nobody -- I don't care what his name is -- that turns out 10 to 20 cars per year can compete with Factory Five (who turn out that number every week ) in today's Cobra Roadster replica market. And Shel's are replicas at the end of the day, just like everyone else's.

I'm not saying that Factory Five is the best replica out there. I'd love a Kirkham. But Factory Five continues to get both the product/price and management right. That's why they've sold over 4000 kits. And that's why Ol' Shel will never, ever, ever compete with them. For all the wonderful things Shel has done for American motorsports, he has never once displayed the ability to operate a business with the management skills and organization that the Smith brothers demonstrate.

Best guess, Shel's new venture will produce MAYBE six cars this year. Just my .02.

AJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.