Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent trip to Vegas, me and my Factory Five Racing t-shirt went to check out the Carroll Shelby showroom near the Las Vegas Speedway. Spoke with a gentleman named Ted about the cars and took lots of photos. The link below has four 1024 x 768 images of a green CSX8000 street Cobra roller with fiberglass body, $60.5K, or can be had in kit form for $45K. CSX3056, a polished aluminum body, was also on the floor. I also visited Finish Line Motorsports down the street and got a tour of the facilities from Roy Hunt. I will try to post more photos as time allows. Picking up my roadster at FFR on April 10th.

Shelby showroom 289 Street Car roller index

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The build specs sheet shows the frame is 3" for the 289 Street and the 289 FIA. The 427 S/C frame is 4". I sure do miss the weather we had out there. Upper 80's days, mid to upper 50's eves. John

·
4,494 Posts
I love it, no one can say that Carroll isn't still try to live in the 60's! Why would anyone pay $60K for a 3" frame roller, with stupid front leaf springs, when you can get an FFR roller for about 1/3 of that price? Keep up the good work Carroll!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
705 Posts
The CSX8000 car from SA is not for everybody, nor is it meant to be.

It is a very faithful reproduction of the CSX2000 Street car, known as the "Slabside"...the Cobra that made the marque from 1962-1965.

The 3" frame is a very accurate piece and the "buggy" leaf springs are what they had to work with back then.

A few replica manufacturers have a 289FIA car, but only a very few offer a slabside like this.

For someone who want to recreate the early street car, this is the bullseye...not everyone like that look, though.

By the way, the rear bumper is positioned so the trunk's lower lip clears the top tube. That is the correct trunk lid look.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
If I had the $$s to blow I'd get a slabside in a second (although I'd prefer to get mine at a lower price from Kirkham, or better yet the 'Brand New FFR SS-MK1' hint-hint :D )
There's a rawness to the originals with their buggy springs and skinny wire wheels that the mean and low 427 body lacks. Not that I don't love the 427, aw hell, I should just have one of each!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts