Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
On page 506 of the manual it is said to install the aluminium walls of the trunk through the rear wheel wells and sliding the bottom flange of said walls under the alu floor.
But this, the floor, is done waaay before on page 331 and it is mentioned to silicone and rivet it in place.
Question is should I rivet right away the walls while doing the floor or really wait until body is on and wiggle the walls through the wells and silicone and rivet the bottom flange over the already secured floor?
Option 1 seems a lot better to me but I don’t know what awaits me with body fitting.
Thanks in advance.

·
Logan
621 Posts
I haven’t completed mine yet, but having read EdwardB’s (Paul) thread enough times I picked out that the side aluminum can be installed PRIOR to the body going on, and only the rear wall must be left off until body is mounted.
I’m inclined to agree just looking at it, because the body drops down over the hatch side walls pretty much vertically, but the rear aluminum might prevent the body from getting over it since it sticks out a good ways.

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
I put the floor over the side panels. After the body was on I had to adjust the side panels to meet the body as best they can behind the roll bar, I also cut the floor in half lengthwise to make it easy to install and remove. you want to leave the floor open as long as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts