Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MK3#4671
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 4 months of hibernation, I took her out for a test drive around the neighborhood and sure enough after I jumped out.......ouch!!!

Kinda expected this would only happen to my future passengers and not me :(

This was just after it happened, it got worse now.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
It will only happen once.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pipes looking that good are allowed to burn you.

Nice pipes man.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
There was a post a couple weeks ago about how serious that burn can be. Suggest you take some time to search for that post as there was some good information on treating it. I recall that the burn can be VERY serious.

Love my heatshields!

·
ASE Tech & Shop Teacher
1,936 Posts
Wow, tough one.

Be careful, a burn CAN be serious, especially if it gets infected. Some guys get a burn kit and keep it in the car, so no matter where it happens, you can start the healing early, and prevent complications.

·
Jack of all trades - expert at nothing
4,395 Posts
Hoping not to see that on my leg - as I get closer to first drive.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
I burned my leg a month ago,not as bad as you, and it is still not healed. Lots of big band aids and burn cream-keep that thing wet with ointment and dont rub the burned skin off.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
My snake bit me too.
I immediately put some aloe vera on it ,from a live plant in the kitchen.
It's now completely healed and there are no marks.
I don't have a picture but DarrenT and RichcamI are my witnesses.
Paul M.

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
Congrats!! :D ..er..I mean...ouch!

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah my wife got one like that on her first ride! its going to leave a mark{no aloe vera} I belive in putting vinegar on it it will heal fast and no scar{lol did this on a burn that my wife got and it healed in 4 daze,no scar and was a bad burn} hurt like h*#*,so she is willing to live with her cobra burn scar.good luckyeah as said before and she says now it will only happen once.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
Good incentive for heat shields. As mentioned above, take care of that burn.

Good luck,

John

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,999 Posts
Sorry, but I bet it won't be your last. BTW are those SS or chrome pipes or did you polish the heck out of the ceramic. Nice job knocking down the welds too. I did that as well.

Greg

·
MK3#4671
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greg, I had someone polish the heck out of my ceramic pipes :D

-dave

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Try silver sulphide cream immediately. it works great on snake bites. it's prescribed by a doc though

·
Living Large
1,871 Posts
It's just the Universe punishing you for wearing black dress socks and sneakers. :D

Pipes look great though!

Trent

·
MK3#4671
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by TRENT:
It's just the Universe punishing you for wearing black dress socks and sneakers. :D

Pipes look great though!

Trent
LOL! I was embarassed to post the pic cause I thought someone would notice. hehehehe :D As soon as I got home from the office I jumped into my sneakers and some shorts and ran out to the garage.

-dave

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,999 Posts
Originally posted by cobranut1:
Try silver sulphide cream immediately. it works great on snake bites. it's prescribed by a doc though
Is that the Cobra anti-venom? My cat got bit once too. It wasn't a pretty picture. I had to wait for the hair to burn off the pipe and enjoy the smell for a while.
Greg

·
Big Kahuna
5,671 Posts
Merely a flesh wound!

Ouch.

At least you didn't have to pick polyester or some other pant/sock material out of it.

Isn't there a documented procedure for getting out of a Cobra and completely eliminating hitting the exhaust?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts