Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody
am i losing something here. they want me to drill a hole in this big ugly a/c bracket to bolt the pulley to. the picture on page 66 in assembly manual shows a nice little neat one. i know i've seen one that bolts to the water pump wiyh 2 bolts
but dont remember what it was on. what does everyone use on their car.
thanx rabbit1340

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
you need to cut/trim the stock bracket. I'd only trim it down to 3 bolts though, otherwise, it can flex on you.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
My memory is getting foggy but I thought there was a template in the manual for cutting down the bracket. However, if the template has you cut it so you have only two bolts holding the bracket, do what Wade said, modify the template so you've got three bolts.

Before I switched to the March set-up I was using the idler and bracket with two bolts. The bracket started to bend forward over time giving me a slight mis-aligned belt. It eventually got to where I had to get another bracket. Of course, I never learn so I cut the second one just like the first and of course, it too started to flex forward. That's when I switched to the March system and chucked the whole donor pulley and spring tensioner system.

·
Senior Charter Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS. I CHECK OUT MARCH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.