Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sergio, please graduate Wojack & Canned Heat…FFR # 5773 - Grad # 22 of 2012 !

First I’d like to thank those marvelous forum members, Supporting Members and Vendors that have provided the wealth of information and ideas that have contributed greatly to my build. I would also like to offer encouragement to those that follow…the tools are in this forum, search it, read it and ask questions.

And God Bless Carroll Shelby who started all of this and now races with the likes of Dan Wheldon, Mickey Thompson and Scott Kalitta.

Mk III base kit
AAW wiring kit, w/an additional Bussmann power distribution module up front, exclusive use of Packard Weather Pack connectors

Engine:
BOSS 347 short block
Dart Pro 1 Al. heads w/170cc in. runners; worked over,
ARP head studs and ARP SS fasteners throughout
9.7:1 C.R. (pump gas)
Crane Cams; # 444221 w/ 1.60 & 1.70 roller rockers
0.566 Int. valve lift, 0.544 ex. valve lift, w/ LSA of 112 deg.
Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake; port matched
Holley 650 cfm 4150HP Ultra Carb, Canton V belt pulleys, Breeze Road Race oil pan
MSD 6AL box, modified Ford distributor w/ manifold vacuum advance
Fidanza Al. flywheel, King Cobra Clutch, Tilton hydraulic release bearing,
360 RWHP, 361 lb. ft. torque

Curb Weight:
2,270n lbs

Suspension/ Drivetrain:
Std. width, FRPP FLCA (modified), SAI mod, Konis at 4 corners
AGR Power Rack & Pump
T5Z transmission 0.63 5th, Quarter Master aluminum drive shaft
IRS (Lincoln aluminum pumpkin), Detroit Truetrac diff. w/FRPP 3.73 : 1 gears
2 piston 11” PBR front, Lincoln rear brakes, Carbotech pads
FFR 15” Halibrand repro wheels and Goodyear Blue Streak tires (sans white lettering)

Bespoke work
Firewall, foot boxes, Ft. splash panels, upper rad. shroud, coolant recovery tank
Mechanical throttle linkage w/cruise, engine block oil pressure banjo fitting
Lokar e-brake side mounted w/increased leverage, dead pedal w/ dimmer switch
Glove Box, heater, near vertical dash, narrowed trans. tunnel,
D/S safety hoop, rear ctr. mount AGM battery, ignition wire management
Stainless Steel brake lines and fittings, and ½’ fuel lines with ½” duck bill fuel pick-up
One upper ball joint plate to get the 15” wheels to fit around the SAI mod and still have full lock to lock turning
Yada yada…

Interior:
Re-upholstered FFR (steel frame) leather seats & dash
Imported Feintuft Velour Carpeting (German wool blend)
The cockpit side of all engine compartment surfaces is insulated with an ultra-thin High-Performance Aspen Aerogels (silica based) blanket insulation and everything else with EZ Cool. All interior surfaces have one layer of a butyl based sound dampener applied to the aluminum skin.
Push-To-Open / Push-to-Close glove box with back door access to the fuse box
Stewart-Warner mechanical Classic gauges w/electronic Speedo & Tach.

Jack

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Congratulations. Just beautiful.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Fantastic. Damn. Black is so cool.

Tell me about your glovebox hinges.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Wow, fantastic! Great looking car.

The bar keeps getting higher and higher. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
WAHOO, another Illinois Ride
Well Done Jack
Cheers
A

·
6,332 Posts
Beautiful work Jack. The interior is absolutely killer. The quality of the work and color match between the seats and carpet is awesome. Can you give a little more info on the carpet for ordering purposes? I wanted tan for mine but had to settle for black as the colors didn't match up. If I re-do my interior, this time it will be tan for sure.

Frank

·
Junior Charter Member
650 Posts
Super looking build. It is the details that separate good from great, you have gone straight to great!

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
wow! next build has got to be black with tan!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
that is one of the cleanest builds i've ever seen! every square inch of it is just so dapper and smart.

and i LOVE that license plate.... gonna steal it for California when i do my next build!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

seems to be a painted air gate for a footbox blower, but i don't see anything else anywhere. no tubes or anything. can you please explain this?

:confused1:

·
6,559 Posts
Beautiful! Put some spats on there before you sand blast the fenders.

seems to be a painted air gate for a footbox blower, but i don't see anything else anywhere. no tubes or anything. can you please explain this?

:confused1:

My guess is fresh air vent from brake duct seeing the tube in his engine bay pics.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Frank: The carpeting is a German FTV (Feintuft) Wool Blend Carpet mine is with NO BACKING and World Upholstery calls it # 5016 Saffron. They have a similar color they refer to as #5013 Lt. Palomino…it is a little lighter. All this carpeting has a grain or nap to it that reflects light differently and it will have two distinct shades depending on what side you view it from. When you install this carpeting you need to position (cut it) so the nap is in the same direction. This does result in a little waist. I ended up requiring 10 running yards for the cockpit, trunk, door panels and floor mats.
World Upholstery & Trim
1320 E. Main St. Santa Paula, CA 93060
World Upholstery & Trim, U.S.A. Manufacturer of Auto Uphosltery, Carpet, Convertible Tops, Car Seats, Headliners & Door Panel Parts for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Jaguar, Fiat, Ferrari and Alfa. 800-222-9577
Nice people to deal with.

Tim: those hinges gave me a fit! I started out with a couple hinges from McMaster Carr but ended up modifying them extensively. I actually added steel in a plain perpendicular to the original single plain hinge making it a T cross section. Adding strength, not that it was needed, but I did have to make them longer. The issue is the door has to swing out as it swings down in order to clear the thickness of the leather and padding. At least that’s the case if you want to door to be flush with the dash.

Eddie: Thanks for the kind words...You also inspired me!

No Blowers...I keep moving and I didn't want to add the weight or the complexity. I did adhere to the KISS principle even though Simple can become rather complex.

Spats: I have some Clear spats on the car..Ha! the're working...you didn't see them. Those Billboards do through stones...I carry a black Sharpie in the glove box.

P.S. I’m sorry I forgot to recognize the Moderators (Frank and all the rest) and thank them for volunteering their time to keep the peace as well as lending a lot to the discussion on this forum.

Jack

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Timp2: you are ever so right...Beauty is in the detail! And often times it's what you DON'T SEE.

Jack

·
Senior Charter Member
2,399 Posts
Man, i've only got one word to say...

WOW!

love the interior, and that v-belt set up is cool! what brake fluid reservoir is that?

ok, more than one word.

Drive on!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks Pete. The brake fluid reservoir is from Tilton Engineering. I did fabricate some 90 deg fittings so the hoses exited to the back.

The V belt set-up gives me redundancy...if I throw a belt I still have another driving the water pump...and it is clean and simple.

Drive On is correct. It drives as good as it looks...maybe better.

Jack

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
And often times it's what you DON'T SEE.
So true Jack.

And wow, what a nice car. I just got in from the garage and you have got me motivated to get back out there.

Interior:thumbup:

Exterior:thumbup:

Mechanical:thumbup:

Now driving it:thumbup::thumbup:

George

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Awesome build! Drive with pride!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts