Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been dreaming about building/owning one of these since I saw one while in college in 1991. It took me 20 years but It's now a reality. Thanks FFR and the guys on this forum for helping me along the way.

FFR #7018 is a complete MK3.1. The engine is a bored out 5.0 EFI with Edelbrock performer heads and a Cobra SVO intake. IRS with pin drive suspension and Vintage Halibrand wheels and Mickey Thompson tires and a T-5 transmission. I installed a heater and seat heaters and an iPod stereo in the cockpit along with many other options.

Arrived from Stewart Transport 9/11/09
Basement finished 3/14/10 (it was part of the deal...)
Rolling chassis 4/4/10
First start 2/4/11
Licensed 5/27/11

My wife was awesome through the whole dreaming, planning and build stage. The best part is when I get home from work, she says "Let's go for a ride".

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Wow

The car looks great. You added a lot of detail and it shows. Congratulations.

Jeff

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
21,955 Posts
Congrats! Great job on the build. Love the fat 15's and for some reason, those colors :)

Enjoy driving her in a beautiful part of the country.

Greg

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Beautiful car! Congrats...didn't I just see this as the POM as well??? :w00t:

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Beautiful work! Congrats on the completion.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Very Nice! You cant go wrong with that color combo. I noticed your original 65 license plate... I want one! (great addition to a perfect build). Nice photography as well. I hope to see your car in person some day at a local event.

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Congratulations!! It is a beautiful build. Now enjoy it!!

-Jon A.

·
Charter Member
1,216 Posts
Doug: Congrats on the build! Looks like you have two "keepers", the wife and the car. Go and enjoy before the snow starts.

tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts