Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,326 Posts
Sweet pic Howard! Love it... who took it?

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
2,811 Posts
Better late than never Eh!!! Beautiful shot.

POM's have really stepped up the game eh?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sep POM

Very nice! Even captured a shot of a UFO in the background, too!

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
63 Posts
Picture of the month

" WOW " What a cool picture, I'M not an expert but that looks like Seattle in the back ground. Great Job

Thanks for the picture
Forrest

·
Snake Farmer
10,386 Posts
Very nice! Even captured a shot of a UFO in the background, too!
Thanks,
Will
I noticed that..lol
Is that a digital camera, or regular film? Great shot of a nice car!

·
TC COBRA
521 Posts
Excellent work. Can you give us some details on the set up like, exposure, film / digital, filtering, etc. One on the better POM's I've seen in quite a while.

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Whooo hooo!!

I took the pic with a Nikon D50 - it's a pretty basic digital SLR camera but can take pretty good pics. I was browsing through the local newspaper and came across a "pic of the week" where this dude had taken a pic of his Nissan - just awesome background. With a little deduction using google maps I figured out where it was shot - it is Seattle if anyone's wondering - the Space Needle is over on the left.
Camera was set at the lowest ISO speed (200), and shutter speed was set at 30 seconds. There is a noise reduction setting for long exposures so I switched that on. After that, it was a matter of playing around with aperture settings to get the exposure and depth of field acceptable. Camera was on a tripod with the self timer set to 2 seconds. I think I ended up being a bit late in the evening - got stuck in rush traffic, so I was a bit limited in aperture settings - had to mostly use a wide aperture to get a decent exposure. Probably got about 3, maybe 4 acceptable shots out of it all - folk that were just out for a stroll would walk in front of the camera, and cars would drive between the car and the camera as well!

Edit - one other thing I forgot to mention was I have a key fob that activates a remote cutoff switch. In the middle of the exposure, I would power the car up for about 1-2 secs and then power it off - any longer and the headlights would probably be too bright.

Of course got the usual litany of questions as well!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Congrats!

Outstanding photograph of an exceptional car. Congrats Howard! Also my new desktop...

Andrew

·
Registered
954 Posts
Now that's what I mean about excellent photography, car commands the shot with a great background not intruding on the subject. My hat's off to you for a great car and an even greater shot.

Bill

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Awesome/ WOW

It is my new sceensaver.... Love the car, but the picture is outstanding...

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Wow :001_tt1: nice job Howard and congratulations. Beautiful shot!!

·
Super Moderator
29,554 Posts
That is totally awesome!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.